During operation, it is necessary to wear personal protective equipment - glasses, gloves and a helmet. It is important to consider that ordinary sunglasses are absolutely not suitable for this purpose. Failure to do so could result in serious personal injury.
The use of an additional handle will also help to avoid injuries, which contributes to additional control during operation. Such a handle is included in the basic equipment of the device.
The jackhammer is placed on the material to be crushed, after which the switch lever is activated. It will be possible to avoid jams if the crushing distance is correctly observed. Deepening the peak to the stop is not recommended. Large pieces are undesirable to cut, the pressure should be moderate. Too hard materials, such as granite, can cause vibrations that are harmful to health, so it is better not to use a jackhammer for such surfaces.
If there is a risk of contact between the hammer and the electrical wiring, you should hold the hammer only by protected surfaces, which will protect you from electric shock.
The use of a construction hammer in cold weather provides for its preliminary heating. To do this, the tool is turned on without load. Such actions can soften the grease and facilitate the use of the hammer.
An important point is to ensure timely lubrication of the tool, which allows not only to extend the life of the device, but also to make work safer.
If a large amount of dust occurs during use of the construction hammer, water the surface with water.
In order for the hammer to work efficiently, you need to make sure that it is in good condition and that there is no damage. Uninterrupted operation of the device will ensure timely maintenance.
There is a recommended schedule for using a jackhammer: the working period should be no more than 6 hours a day. At the same time, it is very important to ensure breaks: after each hour, take a twenty-minute rest.
Compliance with simple recommendations for use, as well as safety rules will help organize a productive workflow and extend the life of the tool for many years.
Types of hammers
Using a hammer of the wrong type to perform a specific task can lead to personal injury and poor quality work. Consider the types of hammers:
The curved end of the hammer striking part with a V-neck makes it an ideal tool for pulling nails.
Small Bend Nail Gun
Soap-bent nail puller
If you need to disassemble any structure, then this hammer is suitable for this task. This tool is used for heavy carpentry, foundation and other similar works.
When assembling furniture or processing decorative wood, a hammer is needed that will drive a nail without damaging the surface of the wood. The front soft part of the hammer is usually made of plastic or rubber.
Drywall Ax Hammer
Drywall Ax Hammer
The piercing part of the hammer contains a V-shaped hole for pulling out nails. This ax-shaped hammer can be used to cut drywall.
Such a hammer is used to demolish brick, concrete or stone walls.
For independent construction work in an apartment or a private house, a nail clipper is most suitable.
Using a nail puller, you can not only pull out the nail, but also hammer the nail with the back of the hammer.
For sawing boards or bars, you can make a miter box with your own hands.
The section - http://vse-postroim-sami.ru/category/equipment/tools/ - provides information on various construction tools.
Hammer in a nail
Put the nail in the place where you are going to nail it. Hold it between the thumb and forefinger of your left hand if you're right handed. Hold the nail at the top, just below the cap. Holding the nail by the lower part, during the driving process it will stagger from side to side, and the hammer will come off, which can lead to injuries.
The handle of the hammer, in turn, should be kept near the middle. You do not need to immediately try to make every effort, first you need to make a few light blows on the nail so that he goes in a little and can stand without having to hold it with his hands.
If the nails you hammer are too small to hold them between your thumb and forefinger, you can use the following simple tip. Take a piece of thin cardboard or thick paper and stick a nail into it. Thus, you will not hold the nail with your hands, but with cardboard. After the nail has been successfully hammered, cardboard should be removed.
When working with some hardwoods, it is better to pre-drill a guide hole. This will make work easier and prevent wood splitting.
How to pull a nail with a nail clipper?
Consider how to pull out a nail with a nail puller in steps:
- Insert the V-shaped tip under the head of the nail so that the center of the hole touches the head and the teeth of the hammer look in the opposite direction from you.
- Pull the handle of the nail hammer towards you to pull out the nail.
- If the nail is not pulled out completely, then increase the hammer lever with a wooden or metal bar. When tearing a nail, lean on the bar with a hammer.
We recommend that you familiarize yourself with the video on the rules for choosing a hammer, depending on the work that you plan to perform.
Functional features of a jackhammer
The jackhammer is multifunctional, it is used mainly in road repair work and the construction industry. An indispensable device for the dismantling of concrete, brick and metal structures, when loosening asphalt concrete pavements and frozen soil.
The unit is characterized by high power and performance. Its power is determined by the number of strokes generated by the tool in one minute. The main executive body of the instrument is the peak, which is driven by the striker. The peak under the mechanical action of the striker performs reciprocating movements, which result in deformation and complete destruction of the working surface.
Mounting gun SPIT P560 (Jul 2019).
Jackhammers are very useful tools, but one of the most sophisticated tool management tools in the construction industry. Demolition hammers are used to destroy old concrete, sidewalks and many other surfaces in projects that facilitate the demolition process. The jackhammer itself is really heavy, so only the appropriate personnel should handle the tools to reduce the risk of accidents. Demolition hammers have different tips and blades, which must be installed depending on the type of work performed.
Let's move on to tips and tricks to help you use your shotgun safely and easily.
The following tips can be used when using pneumatic or electric jackhammers. Follow all safety precautions and make sure that:
- Select the desired tool. The type of jackhammer will depend on the type of work being performed.
- There are heavy and medium jackhammers to choose from
- Select the appropriate type of hose. The choice of hose depends on how far the equipment is from the compressor, the required pressure and type of work.
- Be sure to locate the compressor in the open to eliminate the risk of noise. The jackhammer should also be used outdoors or used in places where there is no open space; wear proper hearing protection.
- The jackhammer must be moved with the legs to avoid warping or back injuries.
- Most of these tools are equipped with a safety device that prevents the tool from working when there is no pressure or when there is no pressure on the surface. To start a jackhammer, press firmly to the surface to start the tool.
Use the correct chisel and / or tip for destructible material. We recommend using rock for rock, a point of shovel for asphalt, and a point of chisel for concrete. Never use a broken or cracked dot.
Do not push the cutter deeper.
If you exit the jackhammer unattended, turn off the air supply and relieve pressure from the supply hose before changing tool points.
If the jackhammer is stuck, try releasing it by moving it back and forth from side to side. If it is still stuck, set another bit in the jackhammer and try to release if it is working at an angle.
When using an electric jackhammer, workers must find the electrical cord on their shoulder to avoid accidentally damaging the cord, which could result in electric shock.
- Attach the ends of the hose to prevent whipping if an accidental break or rupture occurs
Precautions While Using Jackhammer
Using a jackhammer is a task that requires special precautions to prevent injuries or work-related illnesses. Follow these guidelines to prevent work-related accidents:
- Use a water spray control system to minimize dust in the air
- Always wear safety glasses when using the tool.
- Use proper PPE such as gloves, safety boots, hearing protection and face protection. You can also use vibration damping gloves when using a jackhammer.
- Workers should turn as far as possible to eliminate worker fatigue that could lead to workplace accidents.
- Make sure your jackhammer has additional safety features, such as a drill bit lock mechanism and trigger control and automatic release.
Safety safety when working with a jackhammer
Due to the vibration power and brute energy generated by the jackhammer, the worker must observe safety precautions when using this tool. Mandatory use of protective equipment is required. Safety is subject to the following rules:
- Work with a jackhammer should be carried out only after passing special education and training.
- The working tool must be checked for integrity and good condition before using it. Carry out a thorough inspection of the tightening of the screws and assess the reliability of fastening the chisel. If the tool has not been used for a long time, you must let it work for several minutes idle.
- It is forbidden to do any work with the tool without the use of special protective equipment. The operator must be wearing a helmet and protective suit, the continuation of which is anti-vibration gloves and special protective shoes. Safety glasses, earplugs and a respirator are required.
- In working condition, the chipper should be held firmly with both hands. Only if necessary, lightly press the tool onto the work surface.
- It is recommended that the bump stop be immersed in the material to be processed at a right angle. It is unsafe to crush the work surface with a jackhammer at an angle, in most cases, improper operation leads to serious injuries.
- The use of an electric chipper when processing a solid and solid piece of material should be carried out taking into account special equipment. When crushing monolithic solid rock, processing must begin from one edge and smoothly lead to the end along the line of cleavage. If the working peak of the jackhammer is stuck in the material, it should be removed by slightly swaying the tool.
- At the end of the work, release the power button and press the chipper to the working surface until it stops. In order to avoid burns and injuries, it is forbidden to touch work surfaces.
- It is strictly forbidden to direct the operating unit to a person nearby.
- It is not recommended to use the tool without load or as a scrap in sleep mode.
- It is forbidden to use the tool for more than 6 hours. The optimal mode of operation is 1 hour of work and 20 minutes of rest.
Electric Jackhammer and Peak Varieties
For small amounts of work, it is more convenient and profitable to use electric chippers. Electric jackhammers do not produce high vibrational energy, loud noise and dust.
An electric tool can be equipped with various kinds of rush. Each peak has its own purpose for performing a specific task.
The main types of peak:
- Peak-crowbar. This type of peaks is intended for the dismantling of brick, concrete, asphalt pavements. Easily copes with loosening frozen ground and crushing rocks.
- Pike shoulder. Used to align the edges of asphalt surfaces.
- Chisel. It is used mainly for cutting, crushing and punching of any material.
Of particular importance are the weight and dimensions of the electric chipper. Lightweight chippers up to 6 kg are used for finishing work. Convenient to use when working at height.
Chippers weighing up to 10 kg are used for crushing a horizontal work surface. Widely used for cutting scale and punching horizontal concrete surfaces.
Heavyweight chippers up to 30 kg are mainly used for punching and crushing of soil and foundation surfaces.
When working with a chipper, all safety requirements must be strictly observed. The implementation of the above rules will help to avoid premature failure of the tool and injuries when performing work.