Starting with version 52, the Firefox browser does not see Java because it has stopped supporting any NPAPI plug-ins except Adobe Flash. However, if you are using an older version of Mozilla Firefox with Java support, you may need to install updated Java.
How to enable Java in Firefox
If you don’t know whether Java is installed in Firefox or not, you need to click on the menu bar in the browser to find out Instruments — Additions and in the page that opens, go to the tab Plugins. If there is no Java in the list that opens, you need to go to a special service at www.java.com.
Download Java plugin Firefox
On this service you can download Java for Mozilla to your computer. Also on this service you can check whether your Firefox version works with Java. To do this, just click on Is Java software installed on my computer?.
Then, on the open tab Plugins, click on the gear and from the list that opens, select Install add-on from file. A window will open in which you find the Java plug-in you downloaded for Firefox and open it. After that, you will need to wait a bit until Java is installed in Mozilla Firefox, and it will work immediately after restarting the browser.
Starting with Mozilla Firefox 52, Java and other NPAPI plugins are no longer supported.
How to enable Java plugin for Firefox?
If there is not a single message on the web page that you open that you can activate Java, or nothing happens after clicking the “Enable Java” button, then pay attention to the left area of the address bar, where a miniature icon may appear with a cube.
If there is a similar icon, click on it once with the left mouse button. An additional menu will appear on the screen, in which there are two items:
- "Temporarily allow" - Activation of Java content only on the current page. But if you reload the page, access to Java will need to be granted again,
- “Allow and remember” - Java activation on this page. After reloading the page, Java content will still be available.
What if java still doesn’t appear?
If the above steps did not help display the contents of Java, then we can conclude that an outdated version of Java is installed on your computer, or this software is completely absent.
To solve the problem, go to the menu "Control Panel", set the view mode in the upper right corner "Small icons"and then open the section "Programs and components".
In the list of installed programs, find Java, right-click on the software and select Delete. If the program is missing, then immediately proceed to the installation phase.
Once the uninstallation of Java is complete, you can proceed to install the latest version. To do this, download the installation file from the link at the end of the article and install the software on the computer.
In conclusion, all you have to do is restart Mozilla Firefox, and then try to activate Java again, as described earlier. You can check Java for performance in Mozilla Firefox using this link.
We hope these tips helped you resolve Java performance issues in Mozilla Firefox.
What is the difference
Let's start with a simple explanation of what the difference between the two technologies above is. Java is a technology designed to develop applications that can work autonomously or through browsers.
To supplement the information received, we give an example of the main differences between these languages.
- The confident work of each technology is to connect different modules.
- The algorithms for working languages are completely different and contain almost nothing in common.
Working with the Java Plugin
Before you start working with the plugin, you need to download it from an official source located at https://java.com/ru/download/. As a precaution, disable the firewall of your antivirus, otherwise there is a chance of blocking the download.
- As soon as you follow the provided link, a window will open where there will be a red button with the inscription "Download Java for free."
- Click on it and wait for the download to finish.
- Run the source file.
- A small launcher window will appear where you need to click “Install”.
After a short installation, the plugin will be available for use on your computer.
- In the upper right corner is the gear you need to click on.
- A small menu will appear, select “Internet Options”.
- Here you need to find the “Security” section and click on “Other”.
- Rotate the window that appears until the talking block “Run Java application scripts” appears in front of you.
- You can enable it using the mark on the left.
- Save the new settings and exit, allow the "OK" key.
The developers of the project limited access to work with plugins after the release of 42 browser versions in 2015. In simple words, it will not be possible to launch Java using improvised means.
This web browser has left users the opportunity to independently adjust many aspects of the program.
- First, go to your browser settings.
- Select “Service”, and then refer to the “Plugins” block.
- Here is the talking name "Java". It is necessary to click on it.
- Pay attention to the set value. For the extension to work, the option "Always activate" or "Request activation" must be set. It changes depending on the wishes of the user.
In this case, everything is much simpler compared to the options above.
- Open the tool menu and select "Settings".
- We need the “Content” block, it is the third on the list.
- Confirm the action using the OK button.
The domestic project requires a little more time to move to the control menu.
- Visit the “More” submenu, shown as three lines.
- Rotate the window that opens to the very bottom until you come across “Show advanced settings”.
- Get "Personal Information." Select "Configure Content."
- It remains to click "Finish."
If necessary, the script can be configured for individual Internet resources, it’s enough to devote a little time to the settings for “Exception Management”.
Everything is as simple as possible here:
- Visit the Settings section.