iPod is by far the most popular player in the world. If you are fortunate enough to purchase this gadget, then it will not hurt to read recommendations for its proper use. We will talk about a few basic actions that can be performed with this fashionable and popular device.
How to enable ipod
How to use ipod? In order to turn it on, you first need to remove the player from the lock. Use the special button for this, you will find it on the top panel of the player. It moves left and right, and when the color next to it is orange, it means that the lock is on, if the color of the player is on, it is off. After unlocking, press the center button or the “Play”, indicated by the arrow.
How to restart ipod
To restart the iPod, press and hold for two seconds simultaneously two keys: the center and the “MENU” key. These actions will result in a “hard” reboot without formatting. This function is useful when your player freezes, and neither movies nor music will be deleted.
Installing a new ipod program
If you suddenly need to upgrade your iPod, we recommend downloading the latest version of a program such as iYunes. You can find it here
Download iTunes. Open the latest version and connect the player to the computer. When your PC recognizes the iPod, select it in the menu on the left. In a window that doesn’t slow to appear, find “Check for Updates” or “Check for Updates”. Probably installing new software, you can solve problems with the gadget.
How to reflash ipod
If you installed new software, but did not solve the problem with the player, then there is only one option - the iPod will have to be completely reflashed. What needs to be done for this? Click Restore or Restore. Then iTunes will be able to recognize the type of your player automatically. As a result, the old software will be removed and the new one downloaded. Please note that the player is connected to the computer all the time during this process. And do not forget to drop the contents of the player onto the computer, because during a flashing it will be deleted.
We told you how to use your iPod, we wish your gadget to serve you well and for a long time!
Slide the lock switch all the way to the off position so that the orange mark is not visible. Then press and hold the Menu button and the center button (or select button) for 8 seconds or until the Apple logo appears.
Need more help? Go to the next section.
If the iPod is still not responding, its battery may be low. Charge your iPod for at least 30 minutes.
- Connect the charging cable that came with your iPod to your iPod.
- Connect the other end of the cable to a power source. Use a USB adapter that is connected to a wall outlet or to a USB 2.0 or 3.0 port on a computer (not a keyboard) that is turned on and not in sleep mode. You can also use a USB hub, dock, or other Apple-certified power device.
- Wait a few minutes until the charging screen appears or until the status indicator on iPod shuffle turns orange.
Can't see the charging screen or orange after 30 minutes? Here's what you need to do:
- Check for loose cable connections. Clear all ports of debris.
- Try using a different charging cable, power adapter, and power source. Do not use an adapter or cable with signs of damage.
- If the device still does not turn on, it may need repair. Contact Apple Support.
Need more help? Go to the next section.
If the iPod turns on but freezes during startup
If the iPod still does not respond, freezes during startup, or constantly displays an Apple logo screen or, follow these steps.
- Make sure the latest version of iTunes is installed on your computer.
- If you have iPod nano or iPod classic, put the device into external drive mode.
- Open iTunes, then connect your iPod directly to your computer.
- Locate your iPod in your iTunes device list, then select Restore.
Several reasons and methods for eliminating them
There are many reasons why the player may not start.
The most common of these are:
- IPod 5 or another model of the gadget is discharged, as a result of which it does not turn on. To fix such a problem is very simple - put the device on charge.
- the power button has broken. Checking this is very easy - if the charger indicator appears on the screen when the charger is connected, but the button that starts the gadget still does not respond to pressing, repair will be required. This can be done by masters in specialized service centers,
- Moisture has entered the gadget, which can damage the microchips and contacts. As a result of this, the gadget does not turn on and does not charge. There is only one way out - to carry the player to the service center, since we can’t do anything on our own,
- If the gadget falls, this can lead to a break in the loop, contacts or other elements. In this case, as in the previous one, professional repair is required.
Turn off the lock switch
Another fairly common reason why the gadget may not turn on is the lock switch on.
This switch is located on the bottom or top of iPod Shuffle or a device from another model or generation from Apple.
Photo: lock switch
When it is in the on position, an orange bar is displayed next to it. In this case, no button that is on the gadget's body will work, and the power button is no exception.
To disable the lock, the switch must be moved so that the orange strip completely disappears. After that, you can try turning on the player again.
Check that the battery is charged
Also, the reason that the iPod Nano 6, like other models does not turn on, is the discharged battery.
To check this, you should pay attention to the screen when you try to turn on the device: when the battery is discharged, a screen appears on it for 3 seconds, indicating the need to charge.
To charge the gadget, you need to connect it to:
- high power USB port
- power adapter from a regular Apple Power Adapter,
- 6-pin FireWire port.
It is worth noting that Shuffle 4 and other generations require only a high power USB port for charging. iPod nano and 5th generation iPods can be charged via FireWire or USB.
In addition, you need to remember that in the case of charging a fully discharged battery via the USB port, the delay before turning it on can be up to half an hour. Therefore, in the case of using this type of charging, you can try to turn on the player no earlier than after 30 minutes.
Clear configuration of the WIFI TP-LINK TL WR741ND router. Read more.
If, after all of the above, the player still does not work, you should try resetting its settings. No need to worry: all user files are saved.
But here are some parameters that may be lost, however, returning them is not difficult.
iPod nano (7th generation)
To reset tinctures on iPod Nano 7, you need to follow this instruction:
- press and hold the key that puts the gadget into sleep mode - Sleep - until the screen becomes dark,
- releasing the button, the company logo should appear on the nano display,
- shortly after this, the home screen appears - the reset is completed.
Photo: iPod nano 7
If this does not help, you can resort to the last chance - the restoration of factory settings. It should be remembered that this will delete all user files, but it is possible that such a procedure will eliminate all problems.
If this also does not help, there is only one thing left to do - ask for help at the service center, where they will definitely restore Nano 7.
iPod nano (6th generation)
To reset the settings of such a sixth generation gadget, you need to do the following:
- press and hold the sleep button and reduce the sound simultaneously for 8-10 seconds. This action may need to be repeated. After that, the Apple logo should appear
- it happens that such actions do not give any result. In this case, everything will need to be repeated, having previously connected the player to the network or computer,
- even if the backlight doesn’t even turn on, it’s quite possible that the battery is low. To exclude this possibility, you should leave the player connected to the computer for about 30 minutes, and then repeat all the above steps.
Photo: iPod nano 6
If this does not help, it remains only to restore all the parameters to default or immediately take Nano 6 to a service center, where the cause of the problems will be accurately restored.
iPod with control wheel
If iPod 1-5 generation does not turn on, the main feature of which is the control wheel, then to reset its settings, do the following:
- turn off and immediately turn off the gadget using the switch on the case, having done it once,
- Select and Menu buttons are clamped simultaneously and held for 7-10 seconds. If the reset was successful, the manufacturer’s logo will appear on the screen.
Photo: iPod with control wheel
Otherwise, the device will need a full restoration of parameters from the manufacturer or the professional help of a service center.
iPod (with scroll wheel), iPod (with touch wheel) and iPod (with dock)
To reset your iPod with a touch wheel, scroll wheel, or dock, you'll need to do the following:
- turn the lock on and off immediately with the appropriate switch on the device’s body,
- simultaneously press and hold the “Menu” and “Play / Pause” buttons for about 8 seconds. You may need to repeat the action. As a result of this, the manufacturer’s logo should appear on the screen,
- if this does not lead to any result, repeat the action with the device connected to the computer, network adapter or network,
- if in this case nothing happens, the last option will be to simultaneously press the "Menu" and "Select" keys.
Photo: iPod with dock
To reset iPod Shuffle, you need to do this:
- disconnect the player from iTunes, if it is not disconnected,
- remove it from the USB port,
- the switch that is located on the rear panel is set to the off position,
- wait 5 seconds, the switch returns to “On”.
Photo: iPod shuffle
Touch 5 does not respond and does not turn on - what should I do? You can try to force a reboot, which also reset the device settings.
To do this:
- simultaneously press the "Home" and "Sleep / Wake" buttons,
- holding them for 10-15 seconds,
- In case of a successful reboot and completion of the reset, a logo will appear on the touch screen.
Photo: iPod touch
Do a low battery
Sometimes the player may be in a state where resetting the settings does not give any result. Why is that? This is due to the features of the device. In this case, a preliminary full discharge of the battery will be required.
So, if the player does not turn on after a reset, you need to do the following:
- disconnect the player for a day from all power sources,
- connect it to the power adapter or computer, repeating all reset procedures again.
To update the player from a computer that is running Windows, you need to do the following:
- connect the gadget to the computer using a USB cable and launch the iTunes application,
- format the iPod on the PC from which the update will be carried out,
- the online application will automatically find the new version of the software and offer to download it. If the software was downloaded earlier, the program will offer to install it,
- depending on the model of the player, the application will offer to leave it connected to the computer when updating or connect it to the power adapter,
- if everything is done correctly, then the company logo and the progress of the operation will appear on the screen,
- when the process reaches 100 percent mark, the device will be ready to work.
Photo: iPod update nv Windows
From a Macintosh
When updating your iPod software from a Macintosh computer, you must follow these steps:
- connect it to the PC with a USB cable and launch the proprietary iTunes application,
- Before starting the update, the player must be formatted from a Macintosh PC, otherwise it will not be possible to install a new version of the software,
- iTunes will automatically detect a new version of the software on the network and prompt the user to download it. If the updates are already downloaded, they will be offered to install them,
- depending on how the player is connected to the computer and its model, you may need to connect the device to a power adapter or leave it connected to a PC,
- After that, a progress bar will appear on the iPod screen along with the Apple logo. When the indicator reaches 100%, the player will be ready to work.
Thus, if the popular iPod of any generation has stopped working or, for no apparent reason, it has stopped turning on, this is not a reason to panic.
There are many ways to try to independently bring it back to life, most of which are described above.
What to do if the laptop does not connect to WIFI? The answer is further.
On your tablet, for some reason, the Play Market does not work? Read here.
If, even after trying all of them, nothing works, and the player did not turn on, the output still remains - you can always contact the service center for help.
Employees of such services will always tell you what kind of repair the gadget will need so that its owner can, as before, enjoy using it.