Many of us had warts; this is not entirely pleasant and aesthetically pleasing. What is this disease and how to deal with it?
Warts belong to a non-inflammatory skin disease, which is accompanied by the appearance of benign neoplasms similar to a tumor.
The size of the wart can vary between 2-15 mm, have a round or oval shape.
There are many recipes for getting rid of warts. Since the cause of the formation of this growth is the human papillomavirus, it is important to adhere to sanitary hygiene rules.
If you experience a crack or injury, refrain from visiting public places like a pool or sauna. The virus carrier may not suspect that it is infected with it, since the incubation period is long (up to 2-3 months) and its skin can be clean. Therefore, the carrier of the disease can visit public places and infect many even without close contact.
After infection and activation of the virus, the skin changes its structure, is deformed, small growths appear. Warts can appear anywhere on the body, more often occur on the hands, fingers, neck and face. The doctor chooses an adequate treatment aimed at antiviral, antimicrobial action and increase immunity.
After all, warts are a signal of a decrease in the protective functions of the body. For this, the patient takes tincture of echinacea, eleutherococcus, rosehip decoction and a number of other immunomodulating drugs. Recipes for warts are divided into folk remedies and medicines.
See also professional wart removal methods in your doctor’s office.
How to remove warts at home
With the help of folk remedies, you can effectively and quickly fight warts on your hands. And so, what can be used at home to get rid of unpleasant skin manifestations?
1) The most effective tool is considered celandine juice. Fresh, only ripped celandine leaves give off orange juice. If for several days to lubricate the wart with celandine juice, then it will begin to dry. After a while, the growth darkens, black dots appear on it and it disappears. It is important to be treated until the wart disappears completely, otherwise after a while it may appear again.
2) Another treatment method is garlic cauterization. To do this, make an application on the wart, so that garlic does not fall on a healthy part of the skin, otherwise a burn may appear. How to make an application? A small hole is cut out in the patch sheet and glued onto the skin area so that the problem area enters the hole. Then they rub half a clove of garlic and put gruel on the wart so that the garlic does not get on healthy skin. Cover with a piece of polyethylene and bandage. Such a compress can be kept for several hours or left overnight. The effect will be noticeable immediately, the condyloma will decrease in size and change color.
3) To remove the wart, it is recommended to treat it daily acetic acid. With the help of a pipette, drip acid onto the head of the growth, protecting healthy skin. This method is effective, but it is used long enough to achieve a result.
4) It helps well apple or mountain ash juice. A fresh apple is cut into two halves and the wart is lubricated with juice. Similarly perform the procedure of mountain ash. Such herbal remedies have antiviral and antibacterial effects.
5) One of the means of combating the disease is onion. Gruel from onions is applied to the wart for several hours. The application of this method allows you to destroy not only this formation on the skin, but also its roots.
6) You can periodically apply pieces of ice on a wart, she will eventually become small. And if you combine the methods of treatment with folk remedies, you can achieve high results.
7) People often use chalk to kill the disease. The chalk is rubbed and tied to the wart. The result is pretty good, with the help of chalk you will permanently get rid of the hated problem.
8) One of the methods suggests steaming the place where the wart is located in soda and soap solution. Then rub the neoplasm on the skin a little to remove the upper stratum corneum. On the surface of the skin growth, put a slice of potatoes and apply a bandage on top. This method is gentle and effective.
9) Apply for treatment milkweed plant juice. White juice falls on the growth and has a strong effect, the effect will be noticeable immediately. It is also recommended to lubricate the wart with castor oil. It is better to alternate methods, for example, apply onion or garlic for one day, and castor oil for another day.
10) If the wart has many roots, you can apply the following method. Make a cake based on flour, garlic, and add vinegar essence to this mixture. Attach to the growth so that the cake does not touch the area of healthy skin. Such a compress can be kept overnight or several days. But when removing, you need to be careful, as a wart can be removed with a cake. Rinse this place and apply Vishnevsky ointment.
It should be remembered that before treatment with folk remedies, it is better to consult a doctor, since the wart can be of malignant origin. The doctor will determine the cause of the disease and give recommendations for prevention. General strengthening therapy in order to increase the protective functions of the body will help to get rid of this problem forever.
We get rid of warts with the help of pharmacy
Before the doctor prescribes a medication to remove warts on the hands or fingers, its appearance is established.
There are several types of formations on the skin - genital warts, flat, plantar, ordinary and senile warts.
All drugs are aimed at combating viruses and bacteria, while they have a cauterizing effect.
Types of drugs used to combat warts:
- 1) Ferezol. An external solution having a mummifying effect. Apply to the problem area with a match or a toothpick,
- 2) Verrucacid. A similar drug in chemical composition with Ferezol. In this case, a softer and more gentle means, since the applicator is included in the kit,
- 3) Viferon. The ointment is based on synthetic interferon, which fights viruses and bacteria. In addition, the composition of the ointment includes peach oil and vitamins. The method of application is simple, it is enough to lubricate the wart daily for a month,
- 4) Panavir. The gel is aimed at improving the protective properties of the skin and the body as a whole. Successfully fights viruses and bacteria. The drug not only helps to get rid of the wart, but also helps to reduce the total number of warts on the body. It has anti-allergenic and immunomodulatory effects.
- 5) Isoprinosine. Pills are designed to increase immunity, as a result of which the number of warts on the body is significantly reduced,
- 6) Iodine from these growths with an antimicrobial effect,
- 7) Castor oil,
- 8) Oxolinic ointment with antiviral effect successfully copes with small condylomas,
- 9) Kolomak. This is a solution of salicylic acid with a keratolytic effect. When applying one drop to the growth tissue, it softens and gradually disappears,
- 10) Imiquimod. The cream is quite effective, boosts immunity, fights viruses. After applying to the growth of the skin, redness may appear around it. The course of treatment is 1-2 weeks,
- 11) Cryopharma. The possibility of cryotherapy at home. The wart is frozen with liquid nitrogen and disappears after a while,
- 12) Lapis. Pencil-shaped silver nitrate has an antimicrobial and cauterizing effect,
- 13) Malavit. Cream or gel, which includes active biological elements that penetrate deep into the tissue. The tool helps to cleanse the skin, get rid of condylomas,
- 14) Salipod. Available in the form of a patch, which includes sulfur and salicylic acid. An effective and convenient remedy for warts.
Before starting treatment, consult a doctor to exclude the malignant nature of the disease.
There are 5 effective methods for removing growths.
- Electrocoagulation It is an effect on education using a coagulator. When cutting the wart with a high-frequency current, a local anesthetic is used, and simultaneously with the elimination of the growth, coagulation (cauterization) of the surrounding tissues occurs.
- Excretion with liquid nitrogen. This method of removing papillomas is quite common. Using a special applicator, liquid nitrogen is applied to the wart, which causes tissue death, freezing the neoplasm.
- Laser removal. Allows to reduce papilloma due to coagulation or evaporation of skin cells. During the procedure, the patient does not have any unpleasant sensations, however, if the manipulation is incorrectly performed, scars may appear.
- Surgical excision. It is used if formations occupy a vast surface of the skin. The operation is performed under local anesthesia. After excision of the growth, doctors impose cosmetic sutures.
- Chemical removal or cauterization using drugs on an acid or alkaline basis. These funds are most often sold without a doctor’s prescription and therefore are most often used to remove papillomas at home.
Medications that can treat warts are divided into several main types.
Keratolytics contribute to more active exfoliation of dead cells and keratinized layers of the skin, which helps to effectively combat papillomas.
- Collomac. A drug made on the basis of salicylic and lactic acid with the addition of polydacanol, which has a local anesthetic effect and prevents the re-emergence of the growth. The tool is recommended to be applied to the affected skin 1-2 drops at least 3 times a day.
- Duofilm. A two-component product consisting of organic acids: lactic and salicylic. The mechanism of action is similar to Collomac. This drug must be applied to the affected areas, previously steaming them, not more than once a day. It is not recommended to use the product for the treatment of children under 2 years old.
- Salipod. Salicylic acid patch. Before gluing it, the treated area must be steamed. The patch is recommended to be changed every 2-3 days.
- Superchistel. The drug is available in liquid form. It allows you to remove neoplasms in just a few uses. Most often, for a complete cure, no more than 5-6 procedures are required. When using it, you should be careful not to allow the substance to enter the mucous membranes.
- Ferezol. A drug that has cauterizing, bactericidal and anti-inflammatory effects. The treated area of the skin is recommended to pre-steam well. After applying Ferezol, a burning sensation may occur, but this is a normal reaction of the body.
Necrotic drugs are applied topically, causing necrotic changes in the visible part of the neoplasm.
- Vartek. This product is sold in pharmacies in the form of a cream. The main active ingredient in its composition is podophyllotoxin. It cauterizes the affected area and has a necrotic effect, also has an antibacterial effect.
- Kondilayn. This remedy acts approximately the same as Vartek, but has a liquid consistency.
- Solcoderm. Available in the form of a solution that has a necrotizing effect on papillomas. It includes copper nitrate and 4 organic acids: nitric, acetic, lactic and oxalic. This tool, among other things, has a mummifying effect.
Preparations acting on the principle of cryodestruction or freezing. One of the most common drugs in this group is Wartner. After treatment, the affected area of the skin is recommended to be kept clean and, if necessary, glued with adhesive tape. The wart dies within 14-30 days after treatment and disappears on its own.
It is very important to remember that before starting treatment of any of the above types of warts, you need to make sure that the resulting formation is not a corn, mole or malignant neoplasm.
It is also worth remembering that warts tend to pass without outside interference. If the need for treatment still exists, it is better to consult a specialist who can determine the type of wart and prescribe a suitable remedy that allows you to permanently get rid of the problem.
What are warts from a medical point of view
A wart is one of the most common types of neoplasms that appear on the skin. It is formed due to the growth of the upper layers of the epithelium in a width of 2 mm to 1 cm or more, in height - up to 5-8 mm. In appearance, they are often confused with corns and moles, but warts have a different, most often viral, nature of origin. The main differences can be traced even in the photo.
The main types of warts:
- flat (youthful) - the name speaks for itself, the height is 1-2 mm, the color is fleshly or slightly darker, the location is on the hands (back of the palms) and face. Flat warts appear mainly in adolescence,
- ordinary (vulgar) - rounded shape, height up to 5 mm, color changes during growth from light to brown. Warts of this kind can occur on the body in any place,
- plantar (tongues) - located on the feet (in particular on the heels) and palms, it feels like a spike on the skin, interfering in everyday life,
- filiform (papillomas) - are located on the face, neck, chest and armpits, in appearance - rounded elevations above the skin on a thin leg,
- genital warts (genital) - grow in intimate places and the oral cavity,
- age-related - arise due to the growth of seborrheic keratomas, do not have a viral origin.
Causes of occurrence
The main reason for the growth of warts is the penetration of papillomavirus infection into the body. Practice shows that most of the people who are its carriers do not even suspect about it. The main route of infection is through sexual contact. There are cases of infection in everyday life through microdamages on the skin and mucous membranes, as well as transmission from mother to baby during childbirth. At risk are people who have an erratic sex life and do not follow the rules of hygiene.
A strong immunity can successfully suppress the virus. But the slightest weakening of it contributes to the transition of the virus to the active stage. The cause can be various diseases, hormonal disorders, stress, lack of vitamins, etc.
Why get rid of warts
If the papillomas on the body do not interfere with free movement and do not cause inconvenience, you can not remove them. But sometimes they cause physical discomfort and spoil the aesthetics of the appearance. The movements of the wart on the feet and fingers are especially constrained, so they are trying to get rid of them as soon as possible. In some cases, warts go away on their own - the immune system copes with the virus and inhibits the growth of the growth. The process is not fast and takes from 1 month to 2 years. Doctors resort to various methods of treatment and removal.
In addition, some types of papillomas need to be cut for medical reasons, because they are able to multiply, and complications lead to serious consequences, up to cancer.
Under the influence of the current, the papilloma is cut off by a thin loop. An electric charge allows you to avoid infection and cauterize the site of exposure, avoiding bleeding. Manipulations are performed under local anesthesia. As a result, a crust forms, which disappears after a week and, with proper care, leaves almost no residue on the skin.
This method consists in quick freezing and dying of tissues. As the main active ingredient, liquid nitrogen is used. The composition is applied to the affected area using a special applicator and acts for 15-30 seconds. Dead tissue becomes white, after a while forms a bubble, which dries up within a week and turns into a crust. After 2 weeks, the trace is finally healed. In the case of plantar warts, a cryodestruction course of several procedures will be needed.
Применяется при большой площади поражения – одна большая папиллома или несколько сросшихся. Основные действия выполняются скальпелем – зачищается пораженный участок, далее зашивается косметическим швом. Собранный материал обязательно отправляется на лабораторную экспертизу. After healing, a scar remains at the site of surgery - its size depends on the area of exposure and the skill of the surgeon.
This method is obsolete and is being used less and less due to its pain, the high risk of damage to neighboring skin areas and the possibility of infection. The wart is spotted with acid or alkali - the procedure can be of a one-time nature or applied by the course. Active substances corrode the structure of tissues and dry the area of application.
It is important to note that self-medication of warts is highly undesirable, because the unknown nature of the disease may not respond to therapy. In addition, there is a high risk of infection. For the correct diagnosis and the appointment of the correct course of treatment requires qualified medical help.
Celandine juice or dandelion
Cauterization of warts with fresh juice of a root or a stalk of celandine and dandelion is one of the most popular methods of traditional medicine. It is mostly free, because This grass grows in gardens and is considered weedy. Patients do not experience pain, the procedure can be repeated until the wart is completely removed. The only drawback is that you can get juice only in the summer, namely during the flowering period of plants. In pharmacies, you can find drugs with celandine extract at any time of the year.
In the fight against neoplasms, wormwood became widespread - decoctions, infusions, lotions and cauterization are made with it. A strong broth can be prepared as follows: Pour 3 tablespoons of wormwood with a glass of boiling water, close the lid and let it brew for 30 minutes. In the preparation not only fresh, but also dried shoots and seeds are used.
Wormwood is insisted on alcohol, vodka or cognac for 1-2 weeks. You need to take it with caution, observing a dosage of 5-6 drops per day, because the plant will contain toxic substances. In addition, the drug is suitable for external use.
Garlic is known for its antiseptic effect. Therapy consists in rubbing the area several times a day until the growths are completely eliminated. The method is not practical in use, because the smell of garlic is difficult to disguise. A gentle recipe - apply baked garlic mixed with butter.
Table horseradish mixed with salt is applied in the form of compresses to the lesion. It is allowed to rub the mass, avoiding mechanical damage.
Compresses from potato tuber, chopped on a grater, are applied at night to the place where the wart is located. Reviews of patients using this method of treatment fix its effect after 3-4 weeks.
Half of the raw bulb soaked in vinegar is applied to the wart before bedtime and left overnight. 4 procedures are enough to bring out growths along with the root.
This plant is common as a home plant, it can easily be found on the shelves among flower pots, so the method is available to a wide range of users. The crushed fresh leaves of Kalanchoe are applied to the wart, covered with a bandage or plaster, and act on the formation throughout the night.
Here is a far from complete list of guides for the removal of papillomas found by people's healers for many years of practice. The composition of the recipes of alternative treatment allows us to say that all these methods are gentle natural analogues of the chemical method of removing warts. Despite the natural composition, many ingredients can cause burns and other skin damage, so they should be used with extreme caution.
The opinion of doctors about folk remedies for getting rid of papillomas is ambiguous. The behavior of warts under the influence of various substances has not been fully studied - sometimes they disappear themselves without any drugs, but there are times when even the most potent remedy is powerless. Therefore, associating the result with the use of certain drugs is not always correct.
Observance of hygiene rules and the use of individual means in common areas (washcloths, towels, other personal items) and condoms during sexual intercourse will help to avoid infection with a virus that causes the growth of warts on the skin. In addition, regular examination by a dermatologist, urologist or gynecologist will allow you to diagnose the disease at an early stage and avoid unpleasant consequences.
Particular attention should be paid to child hygiene. The child is more likely to come into contact with the infection, therefore, preventive measures to strengthen immunity and cleanliness are of great importance.
Patients already infected with the human papillomavirus should monitor the general level of immunity, maintain good physical shape and regularly take vitamins.
What method to deal with warts - an individual choice for everyone. Modern means and instruments of official and traditional medicine have found their audience of patients. Nevertheless, with signs of epithelial overgrowth, experts strongly recommend that you undergo a specialist examination and decide on treatment options based on the results of tests and a doctor’s examination.