We continue to search on forums and in videos for useful crib-tips left by mothers, grandmothers, in a word, women of all ages. And today we will talk about a common problem: nasal congestion, and as from her you can get rid of at homex We will talk about situations when it is impossible to use strong drugs: during pregnancy and in childhood.
In one of the TV shows “Live Healthy,” the otolaryngologist explains that you can relieve severe congestion and without drops:
- First, blow your nose thoroughly and remove mucus from the nose as much as possible. It is necessary to properly bark out by opening the mouth so as not to damage the eardrum. They first alternately clean one, then the second nostril.
- Saline flushing. Prepare a solution of sodium chloride and pour into a bottle. It is better if it is a special bottle purchased at a pharmacy such as Rinolife. Such a device costs around 100 rubles, but you can use it many times. If you rinse a regular bottle, there is a risk that the solution will fall into the middle ear. And then it will hurt - tested. The effect of rinsing the nose with saline has been proven by both specialists and patients. Since the solution is isotonic, the mucus will discharge very well. About, how to rinse your nose with saltwill be discussed below.
- Humidify the air. For this, special devices are created - humidifiers. They are not cheap. And if there is no such device, it is enough to open the door to the bathroom and let warm water in. Another option: wet a towel and put on a warm battery. Wet mucous membranes are the guarantee of a free nose.
- There is no moisturizer or isotonic solution - you can massage your sinuses. Such a massage significantly reduces swelling of the mucosa. You need to massage three areas on the face (sinuses):
How to rinse your nose with stuffiness:
- Dolphin powder, which dissolves in warm water.
- Saline (sodium chloride).
- Saline: in 1 cup warm boiled water, dissolve 1 tsp. sea or table salt. Stir well and if the salt has dissolved to the end, strain. For children, the salt concentration is less: ¼ teaspoon of salt in a glass of water.
- Adding 1-2 drops of iodine to the saline solution will enhance the anti-inflammatory effect.
- Soda solution: dissolve 5 drops of iodine and 4 tsp in 1 cup of warm boiled water. soda.
- Salt + soda: ½ tsp salt and ½ tsp Dissolve soda in 1 cup of warm boiled water.
How to rinse your nose with saline at home
You will need: a sink or basin, warm saline, a bottle for washing the nose ("Rinolife", "Dolphin") or a special teapot.
Necessary: Before the procedure, the nose must be blowed and it is advisable to instill vasoconstrictor drops to facilitate the washing process. Lean over the sink, tilting your head slightly to the side. Pour saline solution into one nostril, while it should exit through the second nostril. First one, then the second nasal passage is washed alternately. At the end - to blow your nose again.
Effect: Leaking through the nasal passages, the solution leaches mucus along with bacteria. As a result, the nose breathes easier. Rinsing the nose reduces the risk of an allergic reaction. The mucous membrane is freed from pathogens and allergens. Without this, it is impossible to relieve chronic inflammation in the nasopharynx.
Flush nose with saline at home useful as a prophylaxis of viral infections and for relieve nasal congestion.
How much can you wash your nose?
How many times a day: for treatment - 3 times a day. For prevention: 2-3 times a week.
How many days: rinse until complete recovery. As a rule, runny nose and nasal congestion are a purely individual matter. You can get rid of the disease in 2-3 days or a week. A well-known proverb says: If you do not treat a runny nose, it will pass in a week, if treated, in 7 days
Aloe is our natural doctor
Remember, before, even before the invention of strong drops from a cold, our mothers rid our noses of congestion with aloe juice? Agave - as aloe is also called - grew in almost every house on the window. Good tradition. In the directory "Healing Plants" we read recipes against the common cold with aloe juice:
- Adults instill in each nostril 5 drops of fresh aloe juice 3 times a day with an interval of 6 hours. For instillation it is convenient to use a pipette. Tilt your head back, drip juice from a pipette and then massage your nose wings for a few seconds. For children 3-7 years old, instill 1-2 drops. Children under 3 years old should mix aloe juice in equal proportions with liquid honey. Dip a cotton swab into the mixture and rub the nostrils inside. If you are allergic to honey, you can dilute it with ordinary boiled water.
- In chronic sinusitis: mixed in equal proportions aloe juice, celandine grass, honey. You need to bury 3-5 times daily, 5-10 drops in each nostril. After instillation, spit the mixture.
If there is a need to relieve nasal congestion during pregnancy and folk remedies do not help, women in the situation are often prescribed gel drops. They are considered safe.