Regular cleaning of the parquet is a prerequisite for maintaining the floor in a well-groomed condition with the maximum extension of the service life. Given that this is a natural tree, often moody and requiring special care, it is worth knowing about some of the features of cleaning. What tools are suitable for wood, how to use them correctly and how often? About it below.
Parquet cleaning must be approached very carefully so as not to spoil the coating
How to clean the parquet floor at home?
If there is not the slightest desire to delve into the question of cleaning a natural parquet floor, it is important to quickly solve the problem of pollution with minimal time and effort, the only right solution is to call professionals. Wizards will cope with the task on time, will not damage the coating, will help get rid of stains, scratches, dust and even squeaking if necessary. Their services are not cheap and it is worth considering.
If the goal is to clean the flooring at home with your own hands, then the first thing to start with is to study the means that are safe for contact with the tree. Usually special water-based products with a neutral pH are used.
Also, to combat mineral deposits or sediment after contact of the coating with hard water, use a usual solution of vinegar. Alkaline, baking soda, and even ordinary soap will do better with dirt and grease on a wooden floor.
An approximate set of tools to help clean the floor
It is possible to use cleaners, and especially alkaline ones, to care for parquet, but not often, in order to avoid loss of gloss of the base. Never use aggressive cleaning agents in the cleaning process.
In home cleaning with parquet cleaning, it is advisable to have at hand:
- sand paper
- grinding machine.
The latter is easier and more profitable to rent from companies practicing installation, repair and maintenance of parquet floors, since the purchase will cost a lot and is unlikely to become such a necessity.
You need to understand that mistakes in cleaning parquet floors (especially systematic) will lead to premature wear or failure. You can not experiment with obviously forbidden drugs and tools, for example:
- abrasive products
- metal brushes
- hard sponges
- concentrated liquids with an acid base,
- powders for dry cleaning, etc.
Under a special ban is a steam cleaner, which in no case should you try to adapt to clean wooden floors due to the high level of humidity created by it.
The new product can be tested in a small area of parquet in an invisible place, so you can certainly check the effectiveness and features of the interaction of the detergent with the parquet
Parquet floor cleaning rules: things to remember
The service life of the floor from parquet boards depends on a number of factors and caring for it in this list plays an important role. In order to clean the floor from dirt and stains, you need to go through three main stages.
They start the process with dry cleaning, after which they switch to wet and polish the coating at the final stage. It is extremely important to observe the algorithm of actions, without missing them, and without changing their places.
During dry cleaning, the parquet floor is treated with a soft brush, preferably with a natural pile. If you need to remove dust, a vacuum cleaner with a special extended brush, not able to leave scratches on the coating, is suitable.
Vacuum cleaner with special nozzle
It is only necessary to clean the floor as it becomes dirty, avoiding work for prevention. It will be correct to prevent the formation of serious traces of dirt and stains, maintaining a high level of purity of the coating, for example, using filtered or distilled water for wet cleaning.
It is necessary to clean the wooden floor after having previously swollen, using not only brushes, but also rags moistened with a cleaning solution to remove possible stains. After wet cleaning, the absence of stains guarantees the reprocessing of the floor with a clean, dry cloth. Polish the parquet with a clean terry cloth to shine.
Cleaning and care: helpful tips
To keep the parquet floor beautiful and elegant, you need to try to treat it as carefully as possible. Are there any spots? They are removed immediately, preventing entry into the surface of the tree. Especially difficult spots can be removed with the help of agents with the inclusion of alcohol or acetone. They are treated with drugs, after which they carry out a standard wet floor cleaning followed by polishing.
Before using any detergent to clean the parquet, carefully study the proportions of the solutions and the advice of specialists
The question of how to wash the parquet from dirt formed as a result of its contact with sauces, juices, wine or coffee is answered simply - with a special soft rag and a means with a neutral pH level. Also, in some cases, it will help to cope with the problem of a slightly alkaline solution.
After repair work, it is easy to clean the parquet from traces of whitewash with methyl alcohol dissolved in water in a ratio of 1: 1. The same means is used to combat children's art on the floor - drawings made with felt-tip pens, markers and pencils.
Inside the house
The cleaning action algorithm is as follows:
- Using a dry soft brush mop, sweep all dirt and dust off the floors into a dustpan.
- Wet cleaning step - dilute water with a cleaning agent in a bucket. A great dishwashing liquid. Do not use bite or ammonia! These substances can ruin the surface of your floors.
- You will also need a rather big cotton rag or a special napkin, a rag for mopping.
- After wetting the rag in a soapy solution, wash the floors as you like - manually or by using a mop.
- Do not forget to wipe the concrete dry with a dry rag.
Advice! Once every 3 years, polish concrete floors in the room with wax. So they will keep the perfect look for much longer.
If you need to wash concrete floors outdoors, it will be easiest if this simple instruction becomes your guide:
- Take a broom with a synthetic broom. In a scoop, bag sweep away all rubbish from the concrete floor.
- Connect the watering hose, open the water to a suitable power, and wash the surface from area to area from dirt. There is enough water pressure to sweep away the pollution. If you don’t have a special spray nozzle, you can create a “shower effect” by holding the tip of the hose with your thumb and forefinger.
Advice! To ensure that the concrete floor outdoors is reliably protected from harmful weather conditions, do not forget to cover it every 1-3 years with a special waterproof and waterproofing material.
Now we’ll look at how to deal with specific types of pollution on concrete floors.
We will wash the concrete floor from the paint as follows:
- Fill the contaminated surface with washing powder. Leave on for 10 minutes.
- After a while, proceed to cleaning by wetting the stiff brush in hot water.
Another way (good if the floors were dirty outdoors):
- Dissolve bleach and thickly fill it with pollution. Also leave for 10 minutes.
- Use a stiff brush to remove contamination.
Difficult ground stains will help to remove the following products - but only if the concrete floor is still wet:
- "Mister proper",
- any other abrasive powder, the price of which does not “bite” much.
An effective substance to combat small drops of engine oil (for example, it leaked a little from a car in a garage) Anhydrous detergent for concrete floors can be bought at any specialized household goods store.
Before using it, we recommend that you stock up on a respirator mask and goggles, as it causes very significant irritation to the eyes and nasopharynx.
In order not to suffer with rubbing "difficult»Spots, we advise you to remove it immediately. To clean the oil on the concrete floor will help the following:
- Multilayer paper towels - perfectly absorb any liquid.
- Keep an absorbent handy - in case the concrete floor is in the garage and the probability of spilling large volumes of engine oil is high.
- If there is nothing else at hand, then you can fill up the oil stain with cat litter, covering them with a thick layer of pollution. By the way, this tool is a favorite of cleaners at gas stations.
- Absorbent can also be baking soda, sawdust.
How long should the absorbent be left on a contaminated surface? From several hours to several days - it all depends on the scale of "disaster". It should also be replaced as it is absorbed with fresh oil.
If, nevertheless, there is pollution, and it is not fresh, then the following solution will help you:
- 1 cup of one of the detergents: “Prile”, “Cinderella”, “Ideal”, “Progress”, “Drop”, “Sort”, “Fairy”, “AOS”, “Fast and the Furious”, “Bref”, etc. .
- 6 liters of hot water.
Using a hard brush (it’s best to use metal for cast-iron frying pans) and the resulting solution, as well as mechanical stress, begin to struggle with the oil stain. Intensive cleaning for 15-20 minutes.
Most likely, for the first time the result will be “50 to 50”. Sprinkle the stain with the anhydrous cleanser from the previous paragraph and continue to manipulate the wire brush again. Try to change friction directions.
You can also sprinkle the undetected spot with this anhydrous product overnight and continue cleaning the next day.
Well, and it happens that you accidentally dripped onto concrete with a relative of his - cement. In this case, the stain needs to be eliminated as soon as possible - until it has time to grasp. Therefore, first of all, try to dilute it with water as much as possible, and only then wash the floors from cement. Removal is carried out using a scraper, a technical knife. Minor effects are eliminated with a wet rag.
If the substance had time to set, then a chemical solvent of cement stains can not be dispensed with. That's just its application here in two ways - it can damage the concrete floor with the same success.
Someone advises to remove seized cement with nails and a hammer - picking up the pollution in pieces.
You can see visual tips in the video in this article.
Polished floors require a more careful attitude than ordinary. Therefore, specially for it, a number of detergents are produced, which are distinguished by the content of the same sealing material. It is needed to harden the top coat. Imagine well-proven products in the table.
|This is not only a cleaning agent, but also an impregnation for polished concrete. It protects against color loss, creates a film that repels dirt, and prevents the formation of stains. Gives floors a non-slip effect.||C2 Remove by Crete Colors||Removes traces of machine tires, worn-out acrylic, wax protective films from the concrete surface.|
|Designed to combat the most severe pollution, not only on concrete, but also on brick, ceramic tile, stone. The more you increase the proportion of C2 Clean in the solution, the more pollution it can handle.||C2 Maintenance||It is successfully applied both in public places (industrial, medical, training spaces, warehouses), and at home.|
Advice! In addition to choosing the right polishing concrete cleaner, it’s also important to choose the right tool - do not use hard brushes or synthetic materials.
Tips from the hostesses
In conclusion, here are some tips you might find useful:
- The radiance of the floor quickly restores a high-speed buffer with a white pad.
- In order to preserve the aesthetic appearance of the floor for a long time, as well as improve it, you must not forget to varnish the surface every 3-4 years.
- Even on pollution-resistant varnished concrete floors, it is better not to leave spilled or spilled for a long time. Try to eliminate the opportunity as quickly as possible.
That's all the simple and effective tips that suggest how to clean a concrete floor. As in other cases, with any pollution - whether it is a stain from engine oil or cement, you need to fight as soon as possible.
First of all, you should understand what constitutes cork material. The nature and structure of the material will tell you what precautions you need to follow and how to clean the floor.
Cork is a natural material derived from cork oak. The structure of the material is porous and elastic, it passes air well, it is difficult to break. However, in conditions of low humidity, the material dries up, becomes hard, like bark, and brittle.
For the first time, cork began to be used for corking wine bottles, but over time lifebuoys, floats, and insoles were made from this beautiful material. Modern homeowners choose the flooring from this material as the flooring or insulation. The floors are warm, quiet and pleasant to the eyes.
About the features of cork flooring is invited to watch the video in this article.
Despite the naturalness and aesthetics of the material, the natural floor has both advantages and disadvantages.
Among the main advantages of natural coating can be noted:
- Eco-friendly material without synthetic impurities. To fasten the pressed raw materials, natural resin is used.
- Warm and soft flooring. Due to its porous structure, the cork passes air, springy and at the same time retains heat. In addition, the material is difficult to damage: it is not afraid of injections, blades, bumps. Damaged structure is quickly restored, leaving no traces.
- It has soundproofing. Knocking heels on such a floor, annoying neighbors, will not work. Flooring drowns out echoes and extraneous sounds.
- Cork coating is easy to repair. It is easy to repaint the damaged area of the floor with varnish or replace it with a new one. Such a flooring, as a rule, does not have a symmetrical pattern, so the replacement will not catch the eye.
- The cork does not burn, therefore the floor is resistant to fires and the effects of fire and high temperatures.
- Simple care. Cork can be washed, vacuumed, sweeping, and cleaning.
Advice! The eco-friendly floor is ideal for a balcony, as well as for pet owners. The cork does not freeze and remains warm even on the balcony, and due to its antistatic properties, the surface does not accumulate a lot of dust and wool.
Unfortunately, this wonderful material has some drawbacks. Flaws in cork include:
- High price. As a rule, the more natural the material, the more expensive it is. Cork, despite all its advantages, is inferior to linoleum and laminate because of its cost.
- The complexity of installation. It is installed only on a perfectly flat surface. The protrusions and pits of the floor can damage the coating during operation. That is why professionals lay the flooring after carefully leveling the floor.
- Leaves a dent. Cork is a soft material, therefore, after a long exposure to heavy objects, significant dents may remain. Perhaps the rearrangement of furniture will be an occasion to replace the floor.
- Such coverage is short-lived. Of course, this is a durable material, but even with a vinyl or varnish protective layer, an eco-friendly flooring will last no more than 15 years. After 10 years of service, a coating with visible defects is recommended to be replaced with a new one.
It should also be remembered that an environmentally friendly floor can be of different types and it is worth considering the nuances of each type of coating. In any case, before repairing and choosing the flooring, it is necessary to study the characteristics of the material, installation and care.
Many disadvantages can be avoided by properly caring for the floor. Careful attitude will help to preserve the coating for a long time and prevent its repair. To do this, it is necessary to observe certain rules of operation and maintenance of the flooring throughout its entire service life.
The implementation of simple recommendations will protect the coating not only from mechanical damage, but also from possible contamination. General rules for the careful operation of cork flooring are given in the table.
|Prevent possible scratches and stains with the protective nozzles on the legs of the chairs. Nozzles can be made of soft felt (cut into the shape of the cut legs and stick) or from a cork. Do not use rubber nozzles. Rubber may stain the surface.|
|The cork “feels good” at an air humidity of 40-60% and a temperature of +20 degrees (not higher). Therefore, when using heaters in the cold season, it is recommended to use an air humidifier to restore humidity. Otherwise, the panel floor will quickly dry out and gaps will form between the panels.|
Advice! To keep the floor attractive, it is recommended to change the protective layer in the form of polyurethane varnish or mastic every 2-3 years. To do this, you must first remove the old layer, vacuum the floor, and then apply varnish that dries for at least 12 hours.
Чем и как мыть
Cork floors are washed with the same means and methods as floors from any other materials (linoleum, parquet, laminate) However, when choosing the right washing equipment, there are two important nuances to keep in mind:
- for cleaning use products that do not contain solvents and caustic chemical components,
- do not use abrasives, hard and metal brushes, scrapers for cleaning.
For cleaning, mild detergents that require dilution in water (some are specifically designed for cork), as well as soft sponges or rags. The main recommendations for cleaning the floor from the cork are shown in the table.
|After wetting the rag in water or a soapy solution, squeeze it well. Moisture must not stagnate on the floor surface.|
|A natural surface without varnish can be washed with water and washing powder.|
|After wet cleaning, wipe the flooring dry.|
Advice! If the stain is poorly removed, you can use fine sandpaper. It is enough to rub the dirt, and then restore the varnish layer. In this case, it is best to always have a small amount of varnish or mastic for the cork floor on hand.
A selection of videos on how to properly clean a cork floor is suggested.
Cork flooring is a good material for creating a cozy and healthy atmosphere in the house. By following simple floor care rules, you can maintain its attractive appearance and extend its life.