Keep reading if you want to know how to better plan your professional and physical relocation. Congratulations! You just got a new amazing job. Now you have to deal with the dismissal from your previous job and moving to a big city. Moving and changing jobs are two very stressful things, but you need to deal with both of them in a matter of weeks, while starting a new job. Here are some tips to help make your move stress-free and make it easier.
The first and most important stage is emotional preparation.
Regardless of the reasons for the move (job change, family circumstances, the desire to radically change your life), a decision has already been made and the point of new residence is finally determined.
At the thought of the volumes of the forthcoming activity, a light jerk and emotional panic begins. Therefore, it is important to find time to resolve your condition and create a positive attitude.
Of course, all, even the most confident people, are afraid of the unknown new life (social and climatic conditions of the city, the absence of friends). Especially if all family members (children, parents, pets) move with us - it is important to take care of the emotional comfort of everyone.
- Do not wait for the move from the instant solutions to all problems,
- There will certainly be some difficulties at the first time of adaptation.
Set yourself up for all upcoming changes with a positive perception of events. Set yourself and your family goals for a positive turn in life, for the opening prospects of new acquaintances, events, positive changes in fate. After all the difficulties, have the remarkable property to end.
In this video, Marina Fedorova will tell you the step-by-step stages of preparation for this process:
What do you need to move to another city?
At this point the preparation for the move is necessary to pay special attention. Things, this is of course important, but there are a lot of documentary issues and formalities that must be resolved before the final departure to a new address.
- Passport: if the deadlines for changing the document come to an end, it’s better to immediately make an exchange in the “old” city, otherwise it will be impossible to carry out this at the new place of residence,
- Debts, loans, debts, fines, communal payments it is necessary to pay off before the change of registration and actual residence in order to avoid further documentary and judicial troubles,
- Collection of important documents: all passports (including foreign ones), certificates (of marriage, birth of children), diplomas, certificates, certificates, certificates and characteristics from the place of work and study of children, medical records, vaccination certificates, poles, SNILS, driver's and pension certificates, military tickets, (ideally, make more copies of documents),
- Upon arrival, try to register as soon as possible at the new address in the FMS department, re-register the car, register with the military registration and enlistment office, apply to the pension fund for renewal of documents, and attach to the nearest clinic.
Having prepared the folder with documents as much as possible and resolving formal issues before the start of the move, we provide a reduction in the probable difficulties in the new city.
And here is a list of what definitely not worth doing before departure to a new place of residence:
- Postpone the collection of things until the last days,
- Buy large equipment, new furniture,
- To make large stocks of food (in order to avoid spoiling, it is better to make purchases at the place of arrival),
- Spend large amounts (it is advisable to have money in stock, calculated for the first 2-month stay, especially when the situation with the work is not clear).
Correct action algorithm
To avoid the hassle, unnecessary fuss and fear of losing something or forgetting, we will approach the process of moving in a business style - we will draw up an algorithm of actions:
- One month before moving: prepare contracts for the sale of new and current housing (or leases), document the contract with the freight carrier, throw away old things or put them up for sale (for example, pieces of furniture that definitely won’t go into a new life with you),
- During the week: we pack all things that are not needed for the first time (do not spare too much, it’s better to throw them away or give them to someone), buy disposable tableware, wash curtains, bedspreads, wash carpets,
- Per day: put the remaining small things, fold the first-aid kit, hygiene items.
What to pack for relocation?
First you need to carefully stock up on packing material and prepare tools (screwdrivers, a screwdriver, scissors, stationery knife, markers, scotch tape, ropes).
What packaging will be needed:
- There are many boxes left in the stores - do not hesitate to ask for them, this is better than buying new ones or collecting them (30 pieces should be enough),
- Stock up on stretch film, bubble wrap, thick cloth, greenhouse film, newspapers, paper, bags,
- Prepare your bags and suitcases, bags.
Notepad - an indispensable assistant
Make a low-cost investment in the upcoming relocation process - buy a notepad (or notebook). This homemade organizer will save not only time but also nerves.
In it, fix:
- action algorithm
- list of important cases
- list of documents to be prepared,
- information about the new point of stay,
- amount of expenses
- Packed list
- important addresses in the new city and phone numbers of people who can be contacted for help at first.
How to transport things when moving?
Reliably and properly packaged items are much more likely to reach unscathed.
Sort in size and fragility:
- Furniture: It is advisable to disassemble and wrap it with a thick cloth, or with a pimply film, carefully collecting all the small parts in a box or bag. Required numbers mark or sign. Mirrors remove and package separately. If the furniture cannot be disassembled, then we fix the opening elements: doors, drawers. Upholstered large furniture with a thick cloth, wrap the film on top and wrap it with tape firmly,
- Books: in small piles and rewound with tape, put in boxes,
- Clothes and shoes: in bags and suitcases (for spaciousness, vacuum packaging will help well),
- Crockery and breaking items: Wrap each item with cardboard, newspaper, paper, put it in a box and avoid voids (block objects with cardboard or film with bubbles),
- Linens and other things made of cloth in big bags or bags,
- Technique: Wrap with air foil and in boxes (ideally put together the instructions and neatly wound wires),
- Household chemicals worth packing separately
- Oil, coloring substances also need to be transported separately.
Thinking about the safety of things, do not forget the most important thing - finally arrange a meeting for friends. Their good wishes and sincere faith in your new bright future is the first item on the list “where to start moving to another city”.
From a small town to a metropolis. Arrival and accommodation
Hello. My name is Vladimir Smakov, and I want to talk about my little experience of "survival" in the capital of the Urals. My friends and correspondence students decided to try our hand, and went on a relatively short trip - to the city of Yekaterinburg. There were three of us all.
There we were waited for by a shabby one-room apartment for 16 thousand rubles a month, since we could not afford the big one — he who knew was a student from an not rich family. The apartment we found an ad, and that there are no problems. The hostels did not provide us, since we were "extramural". Arriving, we walked for several days and examined the city, and later set about searching for work.
Job search and first experience. Beware of kidalov
One of us tripled at a car wash, they told him that when he got the hang of washing cars quickly, he would be put on a “tariff” and he would receive money. He worked for three days with a break for sleep and food, ate “doshiraki” with bread, slept there, in the car wash, on a wooden bed, something like a bunk, as he described. Came home with weathered lips, sleepy and dirty. He did not "get the hand."
This is a divorce scheme, since many young people come in, employers put on a stream of interns and promise them that they will learn soon, and then ... they will never get their money.
There are also many ads in the spirit of a loader of elite alcohol to the store for 45 tr etc. - this is all lies, no one will pay you that kind of money for a five-day period of 8 hours as a loader, do not be naive and do not fall into the clutches of scammers.
Many unscrupulous employers. Another friend of mine got a job at a sawmill, at a sawmill. He repaired and assembled the frames, sharpened the blades, and he was also promised that he would soon receive 50-70 tr. In fact, they paid 600 rubles per shift as a handyman, s.p. once every two weeks, and at the end, when he was about to leave, they deducted the entire two-week salary for the broken wire, and he still had to.
Where to go to work in a big city without experience
If you have no experience in anything, it’s better to get a job as a sales manager, barista, waiter, bartender, etc., so you can learn how to better communicate with people and gain your first experience in sales, and he will undoubtedly you will be useful. You can go to work at Burger King, McDonald's or another fast-food chain, but be prepared for hard work, I heard they even make you wash the toilets, so if you are a clean-up, you have nothing to do there.
I worked as a barista for six months and do not regret the time spent. Earned 20-28 tr The work is creative and “tasty”, so to speak, you can always mix yourself a cocktail, and thanks to the tip, you won’t have to go hungry.
One of the friends came back upset. Go to trusted employers with a good reputation, the Internet is always there, and you can at least see reviews about the place where you are going to work.
Life in a big city. Unexpected problems
If suddenly you have problems finding housing, you can contact the many hostels that are located throughout the city. Nobody promises you a presidential suite there, but you can spend a night or two in comfort and peace of mind.
After the sky of a new city, it is morally very difficult to get used to the fast pace of a metropolis and catch a pace.
With a need to take not less than 20 m. P. Otherwise, very quickly you will begin to have problems with such commonplace things as food and appearance. We had a very limited way to spend money only on the most necessary things. Then I found out what it is like to steal buckwheat in a jar of boiling water, after two hours it swells, and you can eat it.
Be tolerant of those with whom you are neighbors in the apartment. We all have habits, and others do not always like them. You will learn many new things about their friends during this time. Do not quarrel because of everyday life, otherwise you will regret later.
Most of the money goes to the apartment and to purchase additional equipment home - a microwave, iron and other necessary things, without which you will go all crumpled, and no one will take you seriously.
If you don’t know what to do at all, but don’t have enough money, get a promoter in the Galamart network - 120 r per hour is not much, but they can help you in a difficult situation. Distribute leaflets generally requires 2 to 5 hours.
It would help us a lot, if we had made advance attempts to find work on services such as Job 69 or Avito. Call employers and arrange an interview the next day, after the scheduled date of arrival, you can and should.
What would I recommend moving
I described the movement of students, without much life experience and the presence of “connections”. If someone has any fantasies - how they will come to a big city, and golden rain will immediately fall on them, forget it. To achieve something, you need to work hard and hard, it doesn’t matter - in a big city or a small one.
The metropolis gives you more opportunities, if you have useful skills and mastery, if they are not there, or if you haven’t developed them yet, it’s better to stay in the province. If you still decide to go, then use the tips that are outlined here, so as not to repeat our mistakes.
I wish you good luck and success to you decide! Hope it was helpful. Sincerely yours, Vladimir Smakov.