The treatment of acne, acne and acne with folk remedies and methods at home is not a new topic. Acne is a very unpleasant manifestation of a malfunction in the body, sebaceous glands. They not only cause discomfort, but also significantly affect the emotional state. They need to be treated after consultation with a specialist. About the causes, treatment and disposal of acne at home by folk remedies in adolescents and adults, read this article.
So, how to treat acne with medicines at home? The most effective group of drugs that are used in acne therapy are retinoids. These medicines are aimed at solving certain problems:
- decreased secretion (sebum),
- preventing the occurrence of new blackheads,
- elimination of comedones,
- scar removal.
External therapy of comedones is performed by means of such isomers of retinoic acid:
The treatment of internal acne (conglobate), which have shown resistance to external therapies, is carried out through such medications:
Given this feature, drugs can not be used by women of childbearing age. The drugs do not have a similar effect on the reproductive function of men.
Let's now learn how to get rid of acne at home with antibiotics.
Antibiotics are also needed in acne therapy. From this group usually use:
Medications should be taken orally, their doctor prescribes for damage to significant areas of the dermis, a large number of ulcers.
Let's now learn how to remove acne at home with antiseptics.
Also need antiseptics, disinfectants. Most often used benzoyl peroxide. This substance is not prescribed in the presence of a large number of comedones. The drugs that contain it, relieve inflammation, reduce the level of fatty acids, destroy the walls of bacteria. The drug is prescribed under the following names:
An excellent therapeutic effect in the treatment of comedones is observed when combining benzoyl peroxide (in the morning) with Retinoic Ointment (in the evening).
To suppress the growth of microorganisms, reduce the level of free fats, azelaic acid, which is contained in the gel, the Skinoren cream, is prescribed. With a slight rash, you can use the Curiosin gel, which contains zinc hyaluronate. Salicylic alcohol, povidone iodine, and sulfur can also help.
In women, treatment may include hormones:
- antiandrogens ("Spironolactone", "Androkur", "Cyproterone acetate"),
- estrogens ("Ethinyl estradiol").
In addition to medicines, the fight against acne can be carried out (quite successfully) through folk remedies, masks.
It is about masks against acne at home that we will talk below.
About whether store masks from acne help, the video below will tell:
You can cope with acne at home, for this you can use masks, compresses, lotions for acne. Consider the most effective of the masks that you can do yourself.
- Soda + bran. To prepare such a mask to fight acne at home, you will need rye bran (1 tbsp.), Which we grind with a meat grinder. In this mass we add baking soda (1 - 2 tsp). Add water to the mixture (so that a thick slurry is obtained). The resulting mass is applied to the face, kept for about 5 - 10 minutes. Wash off the face with cold water with a pinch of soda.
- Onions + sugar + laundry soap. The tool is considered very effective, but has a very pungent odor. You can use it only on a day off. We take onion, sugar in equal volumes (1 tsp), add soap, grated. The duration of the procedure is about 15 minutes. If the dermis is very sensitive, 5 to 10 minutes is enough.
- Kefir mask. We prepare it from kefir (1 tbsp.), Oatmeal (1 tbsp. L.). Oatmeal should be ground into flour. Add lemon oil (2 drops) to the mass. The tool copes well with acne, removes black spots.
- Horseradish + tea tree. Horseradish should be grated. We add tea tree oil (2 drops) to it, apply the resulting product to the face. The duration of the procedure is up to 20 minutes.
- Mask from the body-boot. We prepare it from the powder of bodyagi, which we dilute with water to the consistency of sour cream. The tool is kept for 10 minutes.
We will talk about how you can still cure acne at home with folk remedies below.
Other ways to treat acne at home
- Coniferous lotion + chamomile + plantain. We prepare it with needles (2 tbsp. L.), Plantain (2-3 leaves), chamomile flowers, calendula (tbsp. L. Each). Pour everything with boiling water (0.5 l), insist, let cool. We rinse the face with the resulting lotion. Also, the dry mixture can be poured with vodka (0.5 l). This lotion is allowed to wipe exclusively inflamed areas (no more than once a day).
- Compress (honey + calendula). Such a compress is considered very effective. In addition, it is quite simple to prepare. Dissolve honey (2-3 tsp.) In water (1 tbsp., It should be hot), add calendula tincture (2 tsp.). To treat the affected areas, cotton swabs dipped in prepared liquid will be needed. Use this compress is allowed twice a day, after washing.
- Wipe with ice cubes. Many recommend that instead of the usual wash, wipe with ice cubes. Such cubes can be prepared from the extract of St. John's wort, chamomile. A similar procedure helps to narrow the pores, relieve inflammation. Making cubes is very simple, you only need ice molds, a decoction. We prepare a decoction of chamomile, St. John's wort (2 tbsp. Each.). We fill them with boiling water, boil for 5 - 10 minutes over low heat. Before you pour the decoction into the forms, you need to insist it, 3-5 hours will be enough. Pouring the decoction into forms, put it in the freezer.
For wiping, you can use:
- parsley juice
- infusion of white lily petals,
- chamomile broth,
- aloe juice.
In the fight against acne, peeling will not be out of place. It is necessary to eliminate dead cells. For peeling, you can use this scrub:
Massage the dermis with this mixture for about 2 minutes. Do not rub heavily. After finishing the procedure, wash off the scrub with warm water. This procedure, like masks, is allowed to be used only twice a week.
Diet is considered an important point in the treatment of acne. To cleanse the dermis, care should be taken to cleanse the intestines. To do this, you need to drink on an empty stomach (in the morning) water with salt (1 pinch per 1 tbsp.). It is recommended to drink a glass of kefir after half an hour. Salt removes harmful bacteria. Kefir is needed to saturate the flora with lactobacilli, remove salt.
Proper nutrition includes vegetables, fruits, low-fat meats, fish, rice. Consider its basic principles:
- The menu should contain fish.
- We need vitamin B (beans, cheese, cabbage, buckwheat, kidneys, millet, beans, soy). He is responsible for enzymatic processes.
- Care must be taken to ensure omega acids. There are many of them in flax seeds.
- You need to monitor the intake of vitamin A (sorrel, carrots, currants, apricots, cucumbers, liver, spinach).
- Take vitamin E (almonds, walnuts, peanuts, pistachios).
- You need to eat foods containing zinc (wheat cuts, herring, asparagus, oysters, beef, veal liver).
The following products should be excluded from the menu:
- bread (in large quantities),
- fatty foods
From the recommended products, you can cook various delicious dishes (beef with vegetables, steam fish, vegetable salads).
As for drinking, preference should be given to clean water. It will cleanse the body, help cells with recovery, remove toxins. It is recommended to drink purified water.
Treating acne on the face at home is not an easy task, but necessary. Caring for your skin will bear fruit in the future.
About other folk remedies for acne on the face this video will tell:
Acne during pregnancy - what is allowed
Topical procedures are sometimes prescribed, such as benzonyl peroxide, glycolic acid or azelaic acid, since, apparently, only 5% of the active substance is absorbed in the body and cannot lead to birth defects. Specialists especially point out the gentle cleaning of non-abrasive water and soap or non-abrasive lotions for cleaning and buffering, as this can exacerbate the problem. Do not wash excessively, because you can cross the sebaceous glands. Hair is also good to clean regularly, and if you have a greasy texture, even daily, using the product for permanent use.
Causes of occurrence
Rashes do not accidentally appear at the age of 15-24 years. The period of puberty is characterized by "hormonal storms", the intensive growth of the body, the restructuring of all systems. It is not surprising that all failures are reflected on the skin.
The main causes of acne and blackheads:
- increased activity of sebaceous glands, excess sebum,
- blockage of the sebaceous ducts, inflammation of the hair follicles,
- activity of propionobacteria in case of imbalance in the body,
- hereditary predisposition (type of secretion of the sebaceous glands),
- poor skin hygiene
- excess cosmetics (foundation, powder, oily cream) clogging the skin ducts,
- frequent contact with unwashed hands
- follicular hyperkeratosis.
Provoking factors in girls:
Avoid hair or gel, especially near the base of the hair. Do not try to squeeze, wipe or scratch acne lesions, because you can cause bacterial overcrowding and your skin may have scars. If you have blocked your pores, call a specialist.
Also, with regard to hygiene, be careful not to touch your skin with dirty hands, because you can contaminate it with various bacteria, often change towels and pillowcases and often clean your cell phone, because it is also a bacterial source. And last, but not least, rest is enough, because stress can also lead to skin problems and choose a balanced diet. Although there is still no connection between food and acne, avoiding refined foods, fats, and fast foods will benefit your body and your baby from the nutrients necessary for a healthy life.
- increased levels of male sex hormones,
- menstrual irregularities after taking anabolic hormones,
- hypersensitivity of sebaceous glands, hair follicles to androgens.
From acne retention to inflammatory acne
Acne manifests acne and pustules, inflammation. In all cases, in the fight against acne, special seborrheic therapy is important. There are various forms of acne. In the first case, it may appear in the form of comedones, here we are talking about the retention of blackheads. But acne can be accompanied by increased inflammation, acne and lesions. In an oxygen-free environment, bacteria that are usually present on the skin can multiply and create inflammatory substances that stretch in the layers of the skin. These are inflammatory acne.
Most young people suffer from non-inflammatory forms of acne. The vulgar (youthful) acne is familiar to many. The weaker the body, the more provoking factors, the more extensive the rash.
The development of juvenile acne:
- increased activity of sebaceous glands,
- ducts clog
- on the skin comendones
- formations resemble tubercles,
- color - rich red, size - up to 5 mm, often in the center there is an abscess,
- after healing, pigmented areas remain on the skin, occasionally - shallow scars,
- at the same time the hair becomes oily, occasionally there is a thinning of the hair.
Note! The main locations of superficial blackheads are the face, less often the upper chest, back.
Acne: A Problem With Many Causes
Usually these two forms of acne coexist, and this is called mixed acne. Affects 60% of patients with acne. There are several factors that contribute to the appearance of acne lesions. This is usually a hormonal disorder, as well as stress and fatigue, which can lead to increased production of sebum and the growth of bacteria. When sebum can no longer be produced normally, skin pores are blocked. Then blackheads and pockets appear.
Acne treatment requires a delicacy
To remove acne, the skin must be treated with a delicacy. There are several key rules. The skin should be thoroughly cleaned with a product specially formulated for oily skin. Use the product to treat every day. . Acne is a chronic inflammatory skin disease - usually seborrheic - localized on the face and chest and caused by the retention of sebum in the pilolosal follicles, as well as secondary inflammation caused by the rupture of these follicles in the dermis. This is not an infection, it is a simple, insensitive inflammation that can be treated.
Unfortunately, for many young people, rashes do not pass as quickly as we would like.
The process often progresses:
- blackheads cover a large area, become inflamed, appear on the scalp, behind the ears,
- cavities filled with pus form in the deeper layers of the dermis,
- after a month and a half, the abscess is opened, a cloudy thick liquid flows out,
- ugly scars remain on the skin.
Inflammatory forms of acne:
Acne is a very common disease with many clinical forms. Of these, teen acne — or juveniles — are the most common because it is the most common. It develops through successive throws over several months or years, without predicting at what age he will spontaneously heal. For this reason, a prophylaxis and treatment strategy should be provided to avoid skin damage. Improvement or healing of acne can only be achieved by observing the following principles.
- conglobate acne. Localization - chest, back, face. Abscesses are located in the lower layers of the skin, sometimes reaching the subcutaneous fat layer. Size - about 2 cm, the touch causes pain. Inflamed nodes merge into conglomerates, an abscess often develops. After treatment, deep scars remain,
- fulminant acne. Severe disease occurs in young men. The skin turns red, pustules, inflamed nodes appear in a short period. The temperature rises, the joints hurt. The resolution is accompanied by the formation of coarse scar tissue,
- faces. Severe skin disease, a type of acne. The main contingent is young women. The reason is hormone therapy, frequent stresses. The face swells, large nodular abscesses occur. The boundaries of inflammation are clearly delineated. Serious therapy is required.
Note! With weakened immunity, a pronounced imbalance in hormonal balance, inflamed abscesses appear in the depth of the dermis. Large nodes merge, sinus acne is formed. It seems - the skin is "corroded" from the inside. Combined therapy is indicated.
A sudden cessation of treatment can lead to a new wound that will lead to the cancellation of all previous efforts. Acne treatment is complex and may include, in addition to medicines, thorough skin care, strict food hygiene, and natural therapy. The body forms a whole, and intervening in only one plane, this will lead to a slight improvement, but this will not be enough. So, since the first “baskets” appeared, she implements the following strategy.
Do not try to degrease the skin too much, because you will only aggravate the situation. Use products for cleaning and skin care, as well as special makeup for acne skin. In this regard, ask a dermatologist or pharmacist for advice. Here is an example of acne treatment.
The selection of acne therapy and treatment depends on:
- the depth of the pustules,
- the nature of acne,
- the presence or absence of an inflammatory process.
The choice of treatment methods is affected by:
- the causes of the causes of acne,
- the severity of damage to various layers of the skin,
- activity of sebaceous glands.
Important! The formation of sebum cannot be regulated by external means alone. Ointments, creams, masks only temporarily reduce the fatness of the epidermis.
Morning and evening: gently cleanses the skin with special milk recommended by a doctor or pharmacist. Then remove the milk with a special lotion - tonic lotion, skin for acne - or a special soap. Finally, rinse your face with mineral water. In the morning, after these operations, apply a special day acne cream to dry skin to protect it during the day. - In the evening, after cleaning the face with milk and tonic lotion, rinse it with mineral water, apply an anti-irritating skin cream with acne, circular massage, then remove it with a cotton swab moistened with warm water.
Combination therapy is effective. The result of treatment:
- reduction in the number of commandos, ulcers,
- decreased sebum production.
Non-inflammatory form treatment
Beauticians call this form “problem skin.” The nature of the skin lesion is superficial, the course of the disease is mild. It is observed mainly in adolescents. Основной упор – на местные средства.
Защитите себя от солнца, используя общие кремы для экрана. The consequences can be very unpleasant, which leads to serious inflammatory reactions and possible superinfection, requiring long and more important procedures, not to mention unsightly scars that remain on the forehead, cheeks, and chin. Removal of so-called baskets should be left to a dermatologist or competent cosmetologist.
Very good green clay masks and cataplasmas applied every three days. Mix well the amount of clay needed with flat mineral water and a teaspoon of essential flour until you get a thin paste, neither too thick nor too soft. Stop treatment is carried out gradually. After the application time has elapsed, first wash your face with warm water, then with cold, so that your skin tone is better. - Allow the skin to settle before applying the cream. In those days when you do not make a mask from clay, it loses loss, morning and evening, with a cotton swab dipped in the dump of the root flap.
How to get rid of acne? Effective drugs:
- Azelaic acid
- products containing sulfur,
- salicylic acid preparations,
- Retinol palmitate.
Note! The greatest number of positive reviews deserved Tretinoin and azelaic acid. If you are intolerant to the first drug, use azelaic acid. It does not cause side effects in most patients. The course of treatment is at least three to four months to achieve stable remission.
This decoction can be prepared once and used for several weeks. Put 150 g of burdock root in one liter of water and boil for 20 minutes, then pour the product into a bottle that can be stored in the bathroom with other care products.
As a rule, it is recommended to take a healthy and balanced diet without any special restrictions, but without any excess. Avoid excess bread, milk, sausages and animal fats, in general, sugar and sugary foods, beer and alcohol. We emphasize: all of these products can be consumed, but not exceeded. In addition, it is recommended to eat fresh vegetables and fruits as often as possible: carrots, white and red cabbage, lettuce, onions, tomatoes, parsley, apricots, tangerines, sweet oranges, peaches, apples, plums, grapes.
- solution, gel Benzoyl peroxide in combination with 7% glycolic acid solution, 3% erythromycin. The course is up to three weeks,
- ointments with antibiotics suppress the pathogenic flora. Effective - clindamycin, lincomycin, tetracycline, erythromycin ointment. Lubricate affected areas twice a day,
- the best result was observed with a combination of erythromycin ointment and benzoyl peroxide. Lubricate the skin even with the remaining single acne,
- Retinoic ointment requires prolonged use - only then the effect is achieved,
- good results with oily seborrhea give exfoliating masks, cryomassage, removal of blackheads by a cosmetologist, cleansing, disinfecting compounds.
Note! UV radiation, exfoliating formulations with retinol, tretinoin preparations are not combined.
Preferably, fresh fruit juices and fruits. At the same time, every morning, at breakfast, a teaspoon of pollen in a large glass of water or fruit juice. It is also recommended that you take a teaspoon of brewer's yeast at noon and evening for one month.
Parsley is antiseptic and has antibacterial properties. Use an infusion of fresh parsley to wash your face. Mint is an excellent antiseptic. Dries and thoroughly cleanses the skin of acne. Wash yourself in the morning with a peppermint infusion. Peel 8 cloves of garlic and crush them. Apply the paste to problem areas, avoiding the area around the eyes and mouth. Let it work for 15 minutes. Remove it with a soaked swab. Acne from acne can be controlled by using tampons soaked in pure wine in problem areas.
Deep skin lesion
- Delex acne gel. A modern and effective remedy for acne,
- Isotretinoin - the only drug for monotherapy. A powerful tool. The course is 1 month, maintenance doses - up to six months. A liver function test is required monthly. There are side effects, contraindications,
- Cyproterone acetate indicated for women in the absence of reaction to other types of therapy. Suppresses the action of male hormones. May be combined with the use of certain hormonal contraceptives.
- Spironolactone prescribed to women. The action is similar to Cyproterone. The course is several months, sometimes more than one year. During pregnancy, the drug is contraindicated,
- antibiotics - Doxycycline, Erythromycin, Trimoxazole, Tetracycline. The effect is achieved in a month and a half, sometimes the treatment lasts 4 months. Be sure to take compounds containing lactobacilli with antibacterial drugs. Otherwise, you will kill the beneficial intestinal microflora.
White wine is perfect for white skin and red for dark. Lemon astringent, stimulates blood circulation and relieves inflammation. Dilute a teaspoon of lemon juice in a cup with water and rinse every morning. First of all, the face must be thoroughly cleaned. Use cold compresses with calendula tincture in the evening, before bedtime. Dandruff can cause allergies in some people! Peel 5-6 cucumbers and cut them small. Use a mixer to turn the contents into a paste. Use cucumber puree 3 times a week.
Cucumbers cool the skin, irritate and disinfect. Ana, from Iasi: I have acne and have tried all kinds of creams, lotions from the pharmacy, but without effect. And someone told me that I might need antibiotic treatment. How to treat acne? Corneliu Dobre, a dermatologist at the St. Dermatological Clinic. This is because there are many prescription drugs used to treat acne.
- tinctures of ginseng, eleutherococcus, leuzea, pantocrine, strengthening the body,
- immunomodulators to enhance the immune response,
- B vitamins,
- acne cream and preparations containing ascorbic acid.
Folk remedies and recipes
Treatment of acne with medicinal herbs, home methods will complement the use of medicines. Most folk remedies have no contraindications. Choose a few recipes, consult your doctor if they are right for you.
For example, retinoids: these are derivatives of vitamin A and are involved in epithelial regeneration. There are also products that are administered orally, especially in severe forms. When to use retinoids: some forms of acne are often those with hypersecretion of sebum, preservation of sebum and are accompanied by inflammation of the sebaceous gland of the pore.
Automation can do more harm than good. Oral contraceptives are designed to counter the effects of androgen hormones and, therefore, only for women. Their use is felt after 2-4 months. Depending on the form of the disease, after examining the patient and ultrasound examination of the ovaries in collaboration with a gynecologist, the dermatologist will decide whether the patient should take the pill. Antibiotics exist both in the form of topical preparations and for oral products.
- decoction with rhizome of the hemorrhage. A tablespoon of raw materials, half a liter of water, cook for 10 minutes. Use daily for wet-drying dressings,
- infusion of leaves of celandine. Take 2 tbsp. l vegetable raw materials, 3 cups of purified water, boil for 3-5 minutes. After 8 hours, the lotion is ready,
- rowan fruit juice. Mash fresh berries, remove the juice. Moisten gauze, a napkin, apply to your face for a quarter of an hour. Do compresses every other day. Course - 20 procedures
- decoction of chamomile. Universal anti-inflammatory agent. A tablespoon of flowers, half a liter of boiling water. Boil, insist 30 minutes. Wipe the affected area with a cotton swab,
- infusion of raspberries. Pour boiled water over the dried berries. Proportions 1:10. Wait half an hour, strain. Do 15-minute compresses daily, after 10 days - three times a week,
- cabbage juice. It relieves inflammation. Grind the cabbage, squeeze the juice. Keep lotions on your face for a quarter of an hour. Number of procedures - 20, interval - every other day,
- wet-drying dressings with tincture of calendula. Dilute the pharmacy composition - a teaspoon in a glass of water. The duration of the procedure is half an hour,
- yeast mask. Pound fresh yeast with water or chamomile broth. Keep the mass on your face for no more than twenty minutes. Make a mask twice a week. (You can also find out about other acne remedies on our website. For example, it has been written about acne laundry soap, and an article about zinc ointment).
Advice! Perform the procedure regularly. The effect is sure to manifest itself.
Antibiotics do not interfere with other causative factors of acne, and for this reason, treatment can take weeks or even months until the first results appear. Antibiotic treatment is necessary when the number of infected follicles is large. The duration of treatment varies depending on the drug used and the severity of the disease. It is best to imagine a consultation, and after that, a dermatologist can recommend a treatment that will really help you.
Remember that self-medication can do more harm than good. Many people think that acne is caused by poor hygiene. But, in fact, "excess hygiene" promotes acne. If you wash your face very often, blackheads get worse. On the other hand, it is obvious that you should wash your face, even if you have acne: you need to do it only with warm water and only wipes should be removed by using a clean, dry towel. This is concurrent with the correct treatment of acne. Another false idea is that acne is caused by an inadequate diet.
Accelerate healing, get rid of inflamed abscesses will help new and proven over the years techniques. Only a doctor prescribes cosmetic procedures. Do not make an appointment with a dermatologist without a dermatologist’s recommendation.
- Laser blackhead removal. A directed beam acts on the sebaceous glands. The result is a decrease in activity, a decrease in the production of sebum, the destruction of pathogenic bacteria,
- Ultraviolet irradiation. During the procedure, pathogens die, the epidermis becomes drier, inflammation decreases,
- cryomassage. The cosmetologist treats the necessary areas with liquid nitrogen. Low temperature exfoliates the upper layer of the skin, opens the pores. The procedure is effective, but it is contraindicated for some patients.
Forecast and Prevention
The use of modern methods, drug treatment, recipes of traditional medicine allows you to gradually get rid of pustular rashes of any severity. The process is long, the success of treatment depends on many factors.
There are no two similar cases, each patient requires an individual approach. Sometimes rashes hold on the skin for several years.
With a mild form, it is possible to get rid of vulgar acne in 2-3 months. Many suffer from acne before the end of puberty.
- reduce the manifestations of the disease,
- reduce the number of rashes,
- return (as far as possible) a pleasant appearance to the skin.
- strengthen immunity
- eat right
- carefully monitor the hygiene of the face and body,
- avoid stressful situations
- less touch your face with your hands,
- observe the daily routine.
Further video in which Elena Malysheva will tell you all about acne, acne and acne:
Acne (acne) is a common skin disease that occurs due to inflammation of the hair follicles. Such a disease does not carry danger to life, but it causes a lot of trouble to a person.
Acne is mainly localized in areas of the skin with the largest sebaceous glands. This is the face, upper chest, back.
May have a hereditary character. It can be provoked by infections, endocrine and immune disorders, digestive diseases, and nervous system disorders. Acne on the face can appear in adolescence and disappear on its own. Most often found in representatives of the stronger sex.
Causes of Acne
Among the main reasons for the development of this can be noted such:
1. Hormonal changes that affect the work of the sebaceous glands. Many women report acne on their faces before critical days. Also, during the gestation period, the expectant mother has an increased level of progesterone, which leads to excessive production of sebum.
2. Hereditary factors.
4. Treatment with certain drugs, such as corticosteroids.
5. Pathology of the gastrointestinal tract, endocrine diseases.
6. Increased activity of the sebaceous glands.
7. Skin lesions that are accompanied by inflammation.
8. The problem of acne can occur with poor hygiene or, conversely, excessive cleanliness.
Acne in an adult can appear due to the use of comedogenic cosmetics. The desire to mask the defect with a thick layer of foundation causes an aggravation of the problem.
In addition, attempts to squeeze a pimple can complicate the condition. This should never be done. If acne on the face is accompanied by the attachment of an infection, then such actions will lead to the fact that acne will progress, and microbes will enter the bloodstream. Due to the close connection of the blood vessels of the face with the vessels of the brain, such actions can have serious consequences, including death.
In girls, the use of contraceptives with progesterone can lead to an exacerbation of acne. If the female body has an excess of male sex hormones, then contraceptives that have antiandrogenic effects will help reduce the manifestation of the disease.
Possible forms of acne
There are non-inflammatory and inflammatory forms of acne, which are characterized by their unique features. The degree of the disease is determined by the number of rashes, the location of acne on the body, the presence or absence of certain elements of the rash.
Acne disease can occur in the form of black (open comedones) or white dots of papules, pustules, cysts. In the first case, acne has the appearance of enlarged and clogged skin pores. In the second - clogged pores with a small hole. You can get rid of black spots on your own or with the help of a beautician. It is difficult to remove whites on your own; specialist consultation is necessary.
Papules have the appearance of pink painless pimples, the size of which does not exceed 5 mm. Pustules occur as a result of the active reproduction of bacteria inside the comedone, which leads to inflammation and the formation of pus. It is undesirable to squeeze them out - this can result in an exacerbation of inflammation and an increase in the size of an acne.
Knots - large and painful acne eruptions of more than five millimeters in diameter of bluish-pink color, have an unpleasant appearance. Such a big pimple can leave scars after itself.
It is difficult to find a person who has never had pimples on his face or other parts of the body. The causes of acne lie in minor hormonal changes, mechanical damage to the skin, excessive exposure to ultraviolet radiation. This condition does not require treatment, traces and scars do not remain after it. When comedones appear, there is reason to beware, as the development of inflammation and the formation of papules is possible. If a small amount of acne and comedones are constantly present on the face (no more than ten pieces), then this condition is considered a mild degree of acne. At this stage of the disease, the formation of pustules or nodes is not observed. In order to get rid of the problem, it is enough to adhere to the rules of hygiene, drug treatment in this case is not prescribed.
With a moderate severity of the disease, in addition to a certain number of papules and comedones (10-25), the appearance of small pustules (pustules) is observed, there are no nodes. The skin around the rashes is inflamed, bluish-pink. At this stage, a consultation with a dermatologist is necessary, self-medication will not bring any benefits, moreover, negative consequences are possible. If acne and acne are not treated, scars and scars may remain.
The third, severe degree is diagnosed in the presence of 25-50 papules and 21-30 pustules, a small number of painful nodes (up to five). Large areas of the skin become inflamed at this stage. Nodes leave behind scars. A severe degree of the disease is treated with medications, since most often this condition is caused by hormonal disruptions, impaired immune systems, and gastrointestinal diseases.
At this stage, there are more than 50 comedones and 30 papules, pustules, more than five nodes, the skin is inflamed and reddened. Perhaps the merger of pustules and the formation of abscesses, which leads to severe pain and psychological discomfort. Soreness of the nodes located deep under the skin is noted, after them highly noticeable scars remain. At this stage, the patient has serious depression, and the use of antidepressants and tranquilizers only aggravates the condition of the skin. A person needs to consult not only a dermatologist, but also a psychologist.
When choosing a treatment method, it is important to consider the prevalence of the process, the degree and duration of the disease. Чаще всего врачи лечат прыщи (акне) при помощи лосьонов, гелей, кремов, которые содержат третиноин. Такие препараты способствуют сокращению выделения кожного сала.
Иногда необходимо лечение антибиотиками - для уменьшения воспаления и уничтожения бактерий. In especially severe cases, a drug that contains isotretinoin is prescribed for oral administration. Such treatment is contraindicated in women during the period of bearing a child.
To avoid the appearance of scars and scars, injections of various drugs in the affected area are prescribed, which contributes to the rapid healing and removal of inflammation.
To prevent any form of the disease, preventive measures are needed. It is necessary to limit the intake of carbohydrates, fatty and fried foods, spicy foods, sweets. High fiber foods are helpful. It is important to regularly conduct water procedures using soap or special products. After playing sports or physical activity, you must take a shower. It is useful to take vitamin complexes, especially those that contain vitamins of groups B, A and E.
In the non-inflammatory form, special strips are used as treatment, with which you can mechanically remove the rash. To cleanse the skin and destroy bacteria, it is necessary to wipe the damaged areas with salicylic alcohol.
Acne of inflammatory nature is treated with a tanning bed. You can wipe the problem areas purchased at the pharmacy. More effective is the preparation "Skinoren" based on azelaic acid or "Zinerit" with erythromycin and zinc, which destroy bacteria. You can use Baziron, which inhibits the release of sebum. Accutane has the same properties.
If the measures taken do not have the desired effect, the use of antibiotics will be required. Most often, "Clindamycin" is prescribed, the course of treatment of which is ten days. Severe acne is treated by cleansing the blood (plasmapheresis) or by removing laser rashes.
To cleanse the skin, use peeling. This procedure consists in removing the surface layers of the skin with weak acid solutions (chemical peeling). Mechanical resurfacing (dermabrasion) may be used. You can get rid of acne with a special pinch massage, superficial cryotherapy.
Hormone treatment against acne is mainly prescribed for women. Most often, the use of combined estrogen and progestogen preparations is recommended. With polycystic ovaries, spironolactone is prescribed.
The advantages of folk methods
Acne remedies, prepared on the basis of natural ingredients at home, have many advantages compared to conventional cosmetics. Their key benefits include:
- Absolute naturalness of the composition - among the ingredients of folk recipes there are no chemical additives, preservatives, artificial colors or flavors. Without them, it is impossible to produce ordinary cosmetics, since such additives extend the shelf life and make the texture more pleasant. Even organic cosmetics, positioned as natural, are not 100% composed of natural ingredients. It has chemical ingredients that can provoke irritation, aggravate rashes.
- The absence of side effects, which are often manifested when applying cosmetics containing chemical components.
- Accessibility - the ingredients needed to make folk recipes are inexpensive.
- High efficiency of use - with regular application of natural formulations prepared independently, a good effect is guaranteed.
- Ease of preparation - preparing home remedies requires a minimum of time.
- The ability to prepare cosmetics each time that meets the current needs of the skin. Depending on the hormonal background, weather, nutrition, the skin can change its type from dry to combination or oily. By adding certain ingredients, you can always prepare a product that best meets the needs of the skin. Thanks to this approach, the acid-base balance will not be disturbed.
The experience of many people proves that a popular proven remedy is often no less effective than expensive cosmetics.
Skin care begins with a thorough cleansing. To remove dirt and traces of cosmetics, it is not necessary to use chemical foams and gels. Good cleanse your face will help folk recipes. Although they do not foam very well, they perfectly cleanse the skin, eliminating rashes and acne, preventing their appearance.
Recipes for cleansing cleansers for different skin types:
- For oily skin - eliminates black spots, subcutaneous acne, cleanses pores. Mix 30 ml of low fat kefir, a teaspoon of soda, and 2 tablespoons of mustard. Add 130 ml of water and mix the composition. When it stops foaming, the product is ready. Use better in the evening. Owners of very oily skin can be used twice a day.
- For dry skin - This composition for washing thoroughly cleanses the pores, eliminates rashes, feelings of tightness and dryness.
Place 200 ml of milk with a high percentage of fat on the fire and boil it. Add herbs: 4 sprigs of parsley and 2 tablespoons of calendula with chamomile. All herbs must first be ground in a mortar to a powder state. Stew the mixture for about 30 minutes, not allowing it to boil. The finished mixture is removed from the heat and infused for several hours. It needs to be filtered, and after that, add a teaspoon of honey. It is better to wash with this tool at night.
- For oily skin with acne marks - struggles with rashes and consequences of post-acne, relieves inflammation. A tablespoon of cream is mixed with a teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice, as well as 300 ml of mineral water. The last stage - 1 tablespoon of sea salt is added, choose a finely ground product. Used once a day.
- For sensitive skin - minimizes inflammation, fights with a rash, promotes the healing of wounds on the skin. To prepare, mix 1 teaspoon of clay (pink), 2 tablespoons of aloe juice and 300 ml of boiling water. Everything is mixed and heated in a water bath until the components dissolve until a homogeneous mass is formed. Used twice a day.
All products for washing are washed off with warm water. They must be stored in the refrigerator.
After cleansing, the dried skin should be wiped with lotion. This is a mandatory stage of care. Acne lotion is easy to make at home. Consider the best recipes:
- A simple recipe for blackheads - a quarter cup of 40% alcohol is poured 2 tablespoons of calendula, you need to take dry flowers. The resulting infusion is diluted 1/5 cup of water. For 2 days, it is infused in a warm place. After that, 5 g of boric acid 5% is added. The finished lotion should be filtered through gauze with cotton wool 2-3 times and add 4 ml of glycerin.
3-4 times a week with this infusion, you need to rub the parts of the body on which there is acne. The lotion fights against acne and makes less visible spots remaining on the skin after the disappearance of the rash.
- Acne and Blackhead Spot Lotion - A medium-sized cucumber is ground and poured with a glass of vodka. This mixture is placed in a glass container, preferably a dark shade, so that it is infused for 7 days. With this effective lotion you need to wipe your face once a day. It is intended for problematic skin combination, as well as oily type.
- Acne Lotion - soothes the skin, cleanses the pores. To prepare this quick remedy, rub the horseradish root on a fine grater. Enough ¾ half liter cans. Pour vodka to the brim with the vodka and insist 10 days. With this lotion, the face is rubbed once a day. After it has been on the skin for 15 minutes, it should be washed off with hot, and then cold water. Then the face can be moisturized.
- Hypodermic Acne Lotion - pour a glass of nettle leaves, take fresh or dry, a glass of vodka, and insist 10 days in a dark place. Wipe the cleansed face twice daily with the finished lotion.
- Nettle Lotion for Dry Skin - 5 tablespoons of nettle leaves are poured with a liter of water, you need to take cold, and then boil. When the product cools, it is filtered. Lotion is used twice a day.
- Acne Lotion for Dry Skin - pour 1 tablespoon of mint with boiling water, 0.5 cups is enough, and insist 15 minutes. Strain the composition, add a tablespoon of infusion of calendula, boric alcohol, as well as a teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Wipe areas of the skin with acne and blackheads.
- Lemon Lotion - mix a glass of boiling water with freshly squeezed juice of half a lemon. Wipe your face twice a day.
Alcohol-based lotions are very dry skin, so they are not suitable for the sensitive type. It is advisable to apply them locally, only on skin areas affected by a rash, and not on the entire face.
The best home remedy for acne and blackheads are masks. With regular use, they help get rid of even rashes at an advanced stage. Consider the best recipes:
- Cucumber mask - very easy to prepare. It is enough to grate cucumbers and put on the face the resulting mass of minutes for 20. This mask treats acne, acne, and also brightens the skin, eliminating red spots left after the rash.
- Clay mask - Eliminates acne, especially inflamed ones. Clay has an excellent drying effect, so masks based on it are suitable for owners of oily skin. To prepare the mask, a small amount of clay must be diluted in the extract of calendula, a decoction of chamomile, sage or other herbs. The finished product is applied to areas of the skin where there are acne. You need to hold until it dries, and then rinse. You can use the mask twice a week.
- Potato mask to cure acne - chop medium-sized potatoes and mix it with the protein of one egg. Apply to cleansed skin for 20 minutes. Used twice a week
- Hydrogen Peroxide Mask - eliminates black spots, tightens pores, brightens the face. Mix hydrogen peroxide, as well as yeast in proportion, so that a creamy consistency is formed. Apply the finished mixture to the face for 1.5-2 hours. It can be left overnight, and then washed off with warm water. The procedure is repeated once a week.
- Mask of honey with lemon - provides anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and drying effect. For cooking, 1 tablespoon of honey is mixed with a teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Apply the mask for 10 minutes, and then rinse. Doing it is worth a maximum of three times a week.
- Anti-inflammatory mask for acne - mix grated horseradish root and sour apple in equal proportions. The mixture is applied for about 30 minutes. Make such a mask for acne treatment every day until they disappear. For the purpose of prevention, it is applied 2-3 times a week.
- Mask for acne as well as acne - Mix liquid honey and onion juice in equal amounts. The resulting mixture is applied to areas of the skin where there is a rash for 30 minutes. Repeat the procedure daily. The course of treatment is 2 weeks.
- Acne Mask - with the appearance of internal acne, a talc-based product will help get rid of them. It is simple to prepare - just mix 5 g of talc and white clay, and then dilute them with a tablespoon of milk. The mask is applied twice a week for 20 minutes. It is washed off with warm water.
- Black dot mask - if black dots appear on the forehead, chin, wings of the nose, this mask will help get rid of them. To prepare it, chop a large tomato, add a spoonful of olive oil and half a teaspoon of starch. Apply the composition for 15 minutes. After that, rinse with warm water, be sure to wipe the face with tonic. The procedure should be repeated a maximum of twice a week. For skin with rosacea, this mask is not suitable.
The mask must be selected in strict accordance with the type of skin. Owners of dry and sensitive skin should not get carried away with highly drying agents. They can be applied only to the surface of inflamed acne.
Other folk remedies for acne
There are many other popular recipes for acne and acne:
- Wipe clean skin with a pulp of raw pumpkin a couple of times a day. It must be cut off immediately before use, since when in contact with air the amount of nutrients is reduced.
- Wipe clean skin with aloe juice daily. Before squeezing the juice from the leaves of the plant, they need to be prepared. To do this, the cut leaves are washed with warm water and lay in a dark place for 7 days. After that, juice can be squeezed out of them, which eliminates rashes and promotes skin healing.
- Compresses of wormwood, hops - used acne, acne. In the process of cooking, a tablespoon of wormwood, as well as hops, are mixed. The mixture is poured with a glass of boiling water. When the remedy is infused for 1-2 hours, 1 teaspoon of vinegar is added, it is better to take apple. Holders of dry skin should use glycerin instead of vinegar. Soak the cotton pad with the resulting infusion and apply it to the skin, where there are rashes for 10 minutes. The procedure is carried out daily.
- Lotions from ulcers - 0.5 l of boiling water is poured a tablespoon of celandine, something to brew for 2 hours. Soak a cotton pad with ready-made infusion and make lotions for 7-10 days.
- Viburnum juice - twice a day, areas of the body on which there is a rash are wiped with viburnum juice.
- Steam baths for acne - boil hop cones in a large bowl. After removing it from the fire, tilt your face over the steam. It cleanses the pores, nourishes the skin with beneficial substances. It is enough for owners of dry skin to hold the face over steam for 3 minutes. With normal skin, the procedure is 5 minutes, with oily - 10 minutes. Steam baths are contraindicated in the presence of ulcers, owners of skin prone to rosacea.
- Acne medicine - equal proportions of honey, butter and chopped onion are mixed. The mixture is boiling. When it cools, add flour to get a consistency that resembles plasticine. From this composition are made cakes, which are superimposed on areas of the skin covered with rashes, acne. The procedure is repeated until the rash passes. Keep the product in the refrigerator.
Following these recommendations, you will be able to quickly cleanse your skin from acne and acne.
Features of the use of folk recipes
In order for home remedies against acne to bring maximum benefits, the rules for their use should be observed:
- Before preparing the product, it is important to make sure that you do not have hypersensitivity to all the components that make up its composition. This is especially important for owners of sensitive skin.
- If the product contains abrasive components (oat bran, clay), it can not be applied to the skin around the eyes. They will injure delicate skin, which leads to the formation of wrinkles.
- It is better to cook fresh face masks and do not store cooked products longer than recommended in the recipe. They do not contain preservatives, so they deteriorate quickly enough.
- Do not apply funds too often. Although they are natural, they act very actively, therefore, they can negatively affect the condition of the skin.
Alternative methods can be used as the main means of facial care or as additional ones, combining with conventional means. So they will bring a noticeable effect. But you should be aware that external skin care products help to solve the problem only partially. For maximum results, you need to eat right and monitor your health, since any rashes on the skin are a signal about the body's dysfunctions.