Cramps are a sudden and involuntary contraction of one or more supposedly relaxed muscles, which makes the affected part of the body temporarily inactive. The most noticeable symptom is acute pain, and a feeling of hard tissue tightening under the skin when touched.
Muscle movement is the main biological function that allows you to exist. Your muscles make any movement possible: from cycling to washing dishes. To achieve this goal, the muscles perform two maneuvers: they contract and relax countless times during the day, depending on the work that the brain determines. Contraction occurs when the nervous system sends stimuli. This allows you to release calcium into the muscles that you want to use.
Relaxed muscles, on the contrary, secrete an enzyme called acetylcholinesterase, which allows them to stretch and relax. So that the body can move correctly, your muscles simultaneously perform both of these actions.
What causes cramps?
As mentioned earlier, contraction and relaxation are two simultaneous actions that allow the muscles to fulfill their intended goals. However, what happens when the relaxed muscles contract? The result is cramps, commonly referred to in the English-speaking countries as "charley horse".
Cramps are a sudden and involuntary contraction of one or more supposedly relaxed muscles, which makes the affected part of the body temporarily inactive. The most noticeable symptom is acute pain and a feeling of hard tissue tightening under the skin when touched.
Cramps occur mainly due to excessive muscle involvement or when you remain in the same position for a long period of time.
Other possible causes include:
- Poor circulation: narrowing of the arteries in the legs can cause cramping-like symptoms.
- Pinched nerve: pinched nerves in the spine can also lead to joint pain in the legs, which usually intensifies if you walk for a long time.
- Mineral Depletion: an unhealthy diet can cause a lack of minerals, which ultimately leads to muscle cramps.
How to get rid of leg cramps instantly
In the lower torso, cramps usually occur in the calf muscles. If they appear after a hard workout, Doing this exercise can help you get rid of pain instantly:
- Stand 60-190 centimeters from the wall with your feet on the floor.
- Lean forward and lean against the wall. You will feel your calf muscles stretch.
- Repeat several times a day to increase calf strength.
Another strategy is to put a heating pad on the affected muscles.. If not, a warm bath will help. If both methods do not work, put ice directly on the muscle with a spasm, this can be effective.
Menstrual cramps can be treated with heat.
Menstrual cramps can be treated in various ways. One popular method is to put something warm on your stomach to relieve pain. Any device or approach, for example, a hot water bottle, a towel soaked in warm water or a hot bath, is the most important thing to put something warm on your stomach.
Also it’s important to avoid bloating foods as they may exacerbate symptoms. This category includes caffeine, salty foods, alcoholic beverages, and fatty foods.
In addition, you can add a “proactive exercise” to your training plan: you need to strengthen the core to make it stronger, this will help cope with cramps.
Lubricating the abdomen with essential oils can be an effective strategy. They are filled with unique compounds that can help reduce pain, inflammation and discomfort, as well as relax.
Potentially effective options include:
Abdominal cramps are treated in much the same way as menstrual cramps.
Abdominal cramps occur when the abdominal muscles contract. The main reason is the stress associated with core-focused exercises or other vigorous workouts.
In other cases, stomach cramps are caused by dehydration, gas buildup, or digestive problems such as constipation.
Like menstrual cramps, stomach cramps can be treated by putting something warm on the affected area. You can also complete your massage treatments to provide extra relaxation.
Alternative treatments, such as chamomile tea, can also help calm an upset stomach, and you can also use the following essential oils:
Neck spasm is often the result of poor posture
Muscle spasm, also known as a stiff neck, usually occurs when the neck muscles weaken over time due to overuse or poor posture.
Activities such as tilting your head while working at a computer, or driving or using your smartphone for extended periods of time, can weaken your neck muscles.
If you do not know how to get rid of a spasm and you have experienced it before, this simple procedure can help:
- Find a sore spot and put one hand on it.
- Press your fingers on the affected area, but not so much as to cause acute pain.
- Turn your head slightly in the opposite direction of the cramp and tilt it diagonally.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 about 20 times.
As soon as your neck feels better, try this a simple exercise from the Cleveland Clinic, which is intended to reduce the risk of neck cramps in the future:
- Rotate your shoulders back and down 10 times.
- Squeeze the shoulder blades together 10 times.
- Place your hands on the back of the head and push on it, then hold them for 30 seconds.
- Tilt your head from shoulder to shoulder 10 times on each side.
Finally, make sure that you maintain proper posture no matter what you do, such as placing your computer monitor at eye level and moving your neck often while driving to keep your muscles flexible.
How to get rid of cramps with stretch marks
Hand cramps are usually caused by dehydration, injury, or excessive use. In some cases, however, they can be a symptom of rheumatoid arthritis.
According to Dr. Kelly Weselman of the Wellstar Medical Group, joint inflammation caused by arthritis usually affects muscle function. What is even more confusing is that pain caused by inflammation can be felt as a cramp.
Fortunately, lightening it is easy by performing simple stretching exercise:
- with a healthy hand, slightly bend back the fingers with a cramp.
You can also complement this method by wrapping your hand in a film of heat or substituting it under warm water.
Your diet plays an important role in preventing cramps.
Although home remedies can effectively treat cramps when they appear, do not neglect your diet. Eating junk food causes a lack of vitamins, which ultimately affect how your body works.
It is estimated that 80 percent of people are deficient in magnesium, a mineral that plays a vital role in the healthy functioning of muscles. Its low level can lead to seizures, as well as other diseases of the musculoskeletal system, such as fibromyalgia and chronic back pain. Potassium is another mineral associated with seizures.
To reduce their risk, It’s important to eat healthy foods so that your body works at its peak. Magnesium rich sources include dark leafy greens such as kale and spinach. You can also consume unpasteurized raw nuts such as almonds and hazelnuts, and fruits like apples. Good sources of potassium include avocado, papaya and wild alaskan salmon. published by econet.ru.
© Dr. Joseph Mercola
If you have any questions, ask them.here
P.S. And remember, just changing our consumption - together we change the world! © econet
Do you like the article? Then support us press:
How to get rid of a cramp
Stand straight, bend your leg at the knee and take it back to the buttock. Hold your foot by the ankle or back of the foot. To maintain balance, lean against a wall or hold onto a chair.
If the seizure grasps the calf muscle, stand straight, put the leg that the seizure grasps forward, bend it slightly in the knee and transfer the weight to it. Hold the position for 20-30 seconds.
2. To prick the reduced muscle
This method is often used by athletes. It is necessary to prick the place where the cramp occurs. Most often, a pin or needle is used for this. Be careful not to infect.
If you can reach the spasmodic muscle yourself, then massage this place to relieve muscle tension. If you cannot reach, then ask someone. Massage should not be painful. You can use a massage roller or tennis ball.
4. Apply heat
To relieve muscle tension and relieve pain, a thermal procedure is good. Use a heating pad or hot water bottle. Apply heat to the spasmodic muscle (the temperature of the heating pad should be comfortable). Heat helps improve blood flow. A warm bath or shower will also help relax the muscle and relieve spasm.
5. Bend your toes
This is the easiest way to relieve the cramp of the foot and fingers. Grasp the foot in the area of the fingers, or the toes and pull towards yourself to maximize muscle tension. It can be very painful. But after this, relaxation will immediately come.
6. Walking barefoot
Another way is to walk barefoot very actively on the floor, stretching your toes, leaning and as if stretching them. These simple actions will speed up blood flow in the limbs and the cramp is likely to pass.
Causes of Cramp
You consume little water. One of the most common causes of seizures is insufficient water.
Improper nutrition. Seizures occur mainly due to a deficiency of calcium, magnesium, potassium and sodium. Include foods rich in these minerals in your diet.
Not warming up the muscles enough. Warm up and stretch your muscles well before training. After at least 10 minutes of warming up the muscles, stretch. After training, also do stretching exercises and allow the muscles to cool.
Wear uncomfortable shoes. Cramped shoes or high-heeled shoes can cause cramps. Beauty is beauty, and health is more important.
If all of the above tips do not help, then probably the cause of the seizures is related to health problems. Perhaps it is an injury, a nutrient deficiency, or something else. Consult a specialist for qualified assistance.
Leg cramps: folk remedies
In our article “Leg cramps, folk remedies” we will tell you how to treat cramps using folk remedies. If you had to wake up from a leg pain, then you need to seriously deal with this problem.
More often painful cramps occur in the calf muscles. The reasons may be different.. stress, overwork of the muscles of the legs, lack of calcium in the body, cold, a long break in food, and also varicose veins and flat feet.
Often, cramps in the legs appear during sleep. As a rule, this is due to a deterioration in the blood supply to the muscles of the legs and due to improper body position in bed.
To relieve muscle cramps, you need to sit in bed, lower your legs down or pinch a sore spot several times or carefully stand up. Then massage the calves and feet with light pats and strokes, starting from the tips of the fingers to the heels, and then from the heels, along the calf muscles to the knees.
After the massage you need to go to bed and raise your legs at an angle of at least 60 degrees. This will prevent the recurrence of convulsions and ensure the outflow of blood. It is useful to massage the feet with the help of essential oils, laurel oil helps well.
It is quite effective for the legs to do contrast baths for the legs, they tone up the blood vessels
Advice on how to get rid of leg cramps
If frequent cramps occur, this may mean that your body is not enough calcium. In the diet you need to introduce more sour-milk products (cottage cheese, cheeses), sesame, beans, cereals. 4 to 5 teaspoons of honey should be eaten per day, because honey contains calcium in the body
If the legs often cramp at night, then you can try to do so. Take an equal round stick with a length of 25 to 30 centimeters and diameters of two and a half centimeters. With this stick, from 1 to 2 times a day we apply 100 strokes at the base of the fingers on the pads of the foot. Subsequently, you will forget about the cramp
Exercises need to be done barefoot and standing
- Stand on your heels, bend your fingers up and maintain this balance for 10 seconds - do 7 times
- Cross your legs, transfer the weight to the outer edges of the feet. It will freeze for several minutes, foot changes - 5 times
- On the floor we put a bar one meter long and 5 to 7 centimeters high. We put the feet so that the fingers were on the bar, and the heels were on the floor. Slowly move along the board left and right 5 times
Treatment of seizures using folk remedies
Lemon juice from leg cramps
This tip will help those with leg cramps. Twice a day, morning and evening, treat the feet with lemon juice, then let them dry. Then you can wear shoes. This procedure is repeated daily for two weeks.
Laurel from cramps of arms and legs
From convulsions of the legs and hands we rub with laurel oil: for this we take 50 grams of dry bay leaf, break the letters and pour 250 ml of unrefined sunflower oil. We will close the bank and put it in a dark place for 12 days. Then strain. If brought your arm or leg, rub this oil
Cramps in calf muscles
- In case of cramps in the calves of the legs, you need to change the position, for this we straighten the leg, then pull the cushion of the sole and fingers towards the knee.
- We sit down and nip off a sore spot several times
- Stand and transfer the weight of the body to the flattened leg. After some time, blood circulation will return, and leg sensitivity will return.
- Take any warming ointment and spread your leg
- Massage your legs, moving from your toes to the heel, then massage your calves from five knees.
- In order to prevent calf spasms, massage the muscles under the knees. If cramps occur in the hands, then we will rub our hands from the tips of the fingers, moving up the shoulder.
After the massage you need to lie down, put a thick blanket under your legs. Such a posture will prevent repeated cramps and ensure blood flow
Herbs save you cramps
To not be bothered by cramps. we’ll prepare a collection of herbs: grass requires preparation: shepherd’s bag, wheatgrass, yarrow, mint, knotweed, nettle, goose cinquefoil. We take all herbs in equal amounts, mix. Take 100 grams of the collection and pour 200 ml of water, bring to a boil and cook for 15 minutes. Then leave for half an hour to insist.
The broth will turn out to be very saturated. Take a high bucket, pour warm water there, the temperature should not be higher than 40 degrees. Pour the broth into the bucket and lower our legs into it. It is necessary that the water covers the calves of the legs, those places in which there are usually cramps. The duration of the procedure should be 20 minutes, of such procedures - ten, the procedure must be done daily.
And then convulsions will surely go.
To treat seizures, prepare a mixture. we take in equal parts grass: mistletoe white, calendula flowers, stems and leaves of rhubarb, yellow clover, red clover.
Mix the mixture and take a tablespoon of the mixture, brew a liter of boiling water and hold for 10 minutes in a water bath. For 30 minutes we will insist, and then strain.
Moisten a bandage folded in several layers in this infusion and make a compress on the sore spot, hold it for at least five hours
Now we know what cramps in the legs are folk remedies. Following these simple folk remedies, you can get rid of leg cramps.
Celandine for cramps in arms and legs
Squeeze the juice from the celandine and mix with petroleum jelly. Take one part of the juice and mix the two parts of Vaseline and rub the hands and feet with the ointment every night. It is precisely those places where there are convulsions that we massage a little, in order to obtain a greater effect. Do before bedtime daily. In just a week, two cramps will stop
Tincture of yarrow and thyme (thyme) from neuralgia
This tincture does not act instantly, but brings relief. Take 10 grams of thyme and 20 grams of dry yarrow herb, pour 200 ml of vodka, if you have alcohol, it is better to use it.
We insist for ten days, periodically shaking. This tincture is well kept. It soothes pain, relaxes muscles that are cramped.
Rub the sore spot several times a day, then you need to warm the sore spot
Onion peel from cramps
Take a teaspoon of chopped onion husks, pour a glass of boiling water, and let it brew for 10 minutes. We drink at night. After the first glass of cramp, you will not be disturbed at night. Поступая так постоянно и можно забыть о судороги и головные боли
Зальем столовую ложку адониса полутора стаканами кипятка, настаиваем в темном месте два часа, затем процедите. Принимаем настой три раза в день по столовой ложке. The course of treatment is 10 days
Take a tablespoon of chamomile in two glasses of boiling water. We insist 40 minutes. Drink between meals throughout the day. You also need to eat baked potatoes.
The next day we will make the following remedy: take 2 tablespoons of seedless raisins and pour boiling water over the evening, and the next day we will drink this infusion in a glass instead of tea, eat raisins.
Thus, alternating raisins with chamomile, you can forget about cramps
Lemon juice from leg cramps
This tip will help those with leg cramps. Twice a day, morning and evening, treat the feet with lemon juice, then let them dry. Then you can wear shoes. This procedure is repeated daily for two weeks.
Laurel from cramps of arms and legs
From convulsions of the feet and hands we rubbed with laurel oil: for this we take 50 grams of dry bay leaf, break the letters and pour 250 ml of unrefined sunflower oil. We will close the bank and put it in a dark place for 12 days. Then strain. If brought your arm or leg, rub this oil
With cramps, mustard oil will help.
With convulsions, we rub the legs with mustard oil for the night. It helps by the way.
Recommendations on how to avoid leg cramps:
- Get rid of excess weight,
- Wear comfortable shoes,
- Avoid prolonged stress,
- Do foot baths with mustard every other day: for 3 liters of water - a tablespoon of mustard
For the prevention of foot cramps, we take drugs that contain magnesium and calcium. Daily dose: from 500 to 1000 mg of magnesium and from 1000 to 2000 mg of calcium. And you need to drink a glass of warm water daily with a teaspoon of honey and apple cider vinegar or lemon juice. Potassium deficiency can be eliminated if there are more bananas and oranges
Before going to bed, we make contrast foot baths and take a contrast shower. If you have varicose veins, the contrast should not be strong. You can add grass to the water that has an anticonvulsant effect - this is peppermint, valerian, elderberry, raspberry, alfalfa, horsetail
How can I get rid of leg cramps?
Convulsive contractions of the calf muscles from time to time or constantly worry almost 8 out of 10 people in the adult population. Because of this, many have to figure out how to get rid of leg cramps.
Isolated cases of seizures can be triggered by some external factors or malnutrition.
However, with constant attacks, one should seriously pay attention to the state of one's own health, as this can be a sign of diseases or systemic disorders.
treatment of sinusitis folk remedies
Cramps are a sharp, very strong and uncontrolled muscle contraction. At the very least, convulsions cause discomfort, and at the most severe pains that persist even after a convulsive spasm has been removed.
The limb with a cramp is numb, it is not possible to move its part, the movements of which are provided by the reduced muscle. It is not possible to relax the muscle on its own. As a rule, it is possible to stop the spasm only with the help of intensive massage or after taking medication.
how to clean the stomach from parasites folk remedies
- Deficiency of magnesium, potassium and calcium. The normal functioning of the nervous and muscular systems is ensured by these microelements. Tissues that do not receive enough nutrition with these trace elements become thinner; after tension they are restored quite difficult.
Often in the body of a woman during this period there is a lack of trace elements due to the fact that the body undergoes serious changes at different levels. Changes relate to hormonal, cardiovascular, nervous systems, the work of internal organs. Increased muscle strain.
Most often, this reason leads to convulsions in athletes.
The whole body suffers from constant nervous tension caused by stressful situations. Leg cramps can be a manifestation of this condition, so you will have to relieve not only muscle, but also nervous tension.
There are several ways that can help cure seizures at the time of the attack.
Since they are accompanied by severe pain and can occur at almost any moment, it is very important to know what will help cope with the pain. Fight cramps in the legs can be such basic methods:
folk remedies for diseases of the joints of the legs
- If you have brought your foot together, you need to hand pull your fingers towards yourself as hard as possible or step on your toe, trying to press hard on the surface with your fingers.
If you know at what point you need to stab, you can carry a needle or a pin with you, so that injections at a certain point, you can relieve cramps in the legs. The correct injection site should be shown by the doctor.
If convulsions occur at night, then, first of all, it is necessary to take a sitting position, because physiologically, lying down is most conducive to the appearance of seizures. The numb area should be intensively massaged, and then lie down so that the legs are above the rest of the body.
The leg, which has been brought down, needs to be taken back and at the same time set so that it completely rests on the ground.
we treat folk remedies for glaucoma With regular convulsive cramps, you must always consult a specialist to find out their exact cause and undergo a course of complex treatment
folk remedies for hepatosis
Prevention will help to avoid repeated attacks and eliminate the causes of their appearance. Compliance with the general rules for maintaining the health of the whole organism can be an excellent help in order to avoid seizures. These rules include:
reduction of bad cholesterol folk remedies
- Balanced diet. Mono-diets are especially harmful to the body. A popular option for losing weight is a protein diet.
But in this case, the human body will not receive a large amount of the substances it needs, so the occurrence of seizures will be very likely. Wearing comfortable shoes. The maximum allowable height of the heel can be - 4-5 cm, also do not wear too narrow shoes.
It is necessary to perform a simple exercise daily, which will not cause overwork of the muscles. It is good to have a light massage of the area that cramps. Contrast foot baths. Such procedures strengthen blood vessels and increase their tone, therefore, they serve as prevention of varicose veins.
It is important to monitor the water-salt balance in the body, consume enough fluid - at least 2 liters of pure water per day, walk in the fresh air, especially in sunny weather.
insect bites than smear folk remedies
Regular performance of simple gymnastics helps to reduce and completely get rid of bouts of seizures. The gymnastic complex may be as follows:
liver hemangioma what is it and treatment with folk remedies
You can also read: Cramp in the calf muscle at night
thrush during pregnancy treatment folk remedies reviews
- To warm up you need to walk on a smooth surface barefoot.
- Sitting, you need to put your feet fully on the floor, thumbs brought together. After that, the inside of the feet must be raised and left in this position for 10 minutes.
- Toes need to be squeezed and unclenched. It is necessary to do 10 times in each of the 3 approaches.
- Feet need to be lifted above the floor and perform circular movements. This is necessary for 1-2 minutes.
After doing the gymnastics, you need to lie on the bed and raise your legs on the wall. In this position, you need to lie a few minutes.
Gymnastics helps improve blood circulation and fluid outflow. As a result, edema passes and seizures do not occur.
how to get rid of barley folk remedy
You can get rid of seizures only with an integrated approach. You will have to reconsider your lifestyle: eat right, give up bad habits, perform physical exercises.
folk remedies for wood lice in the apartment
eyelash growth folk remedy Most often, the first drugs that are prescribed to humans are vitamin complexes
clean the uterus with folk remedies
- The area that cramps should be rubbed with lemon juice every day. After the skin has completely absorbed the juice, it is best to wear natural wool socks.
- With an attack of seizures, you need to grind the sore spot with mustard oil or plain mustard.
Pain and numbness will quickly pass thanks to the warming effect of the remedy.
After this, the broth can be taken 4 times a day, 1 glass per reception. You can prepare drops from thyme seeds (10 g) and vodka (100 ml). It is necessary to insist the remedy for 2 weeks. After this, the course of treatment will continue for another 2 weeks. Every day you will need to drink 10-15 drops of the drug 3 times a day before meals.
Garlic oil helps a lot. To prepare it, you need 1 head of garlic in peeled and chopped form, pour any oil (200 ml) and put everything in the refrigerator for a day. After this, the drug can be taken 5 ml three times a day.
Treatment of seizures on their own can be unsafe, therefore it is necessary to consult a doctor if the seizures recur. Only an experienced specialist is able to prescribe adequate treatment.
folk remedy to lower the heartbeat
Leg cramps: causes and treatment with folk remedies
Leg cramps are a very serious problem that only one who is faced with this ailment is aware.
A person can wake up at night from an attack of severe pain in the limbs, be wary of swimming over long distances, since there is a risk that in the water he can lower his leg.
To prevent the occurrence of cramps in the legs, it is necessary to find out the reason for their appearance, and treatment with folk remedies will help to remove the symptoms of the disease and reduce pain.
Why leg cramps occur
- One of the common causes of leg cramps is physical fatigue. Work associated with constant movement, long walks, sports, after which there is pain in the muscles and reduces the leg.
- The opposite factor, which affects the occurrence of painful attacks, is a sedentary lifestyle. Sedentary work, lack of physical activity causes blood stasis and muscle weakness.
- A lack of water leads to dehydration, useful minerals and salts do not enter the body in the required amount. Deficiency of calcium, magnesium, iron, vitamins E and group B has a very negative effect on muscles. Loss of fluid occurs in the summer heat, with increased training or visiting the bath. The habit of drinking water regularly will replenish the lack of necessary trace elements.
- The treatment of some diseases requires the use of diuretic drugs and can lead to the loss of valuable trace elements that are washed out of the body.
- Emotional overstrain, fatigue, stress exacerbate the condition of the body.
- Blood viscosity significantly impairs the functioning of organs and systems; blood does not bring a sufficient amount of beneficial components and oxygen to the muscles.
- Stressful situations provoke the release of adrenaline into the blood, the body reacts with a rapid heartbeat, breathing, and involuntary muscle contraction, and convulsions often occur.
- Increased muscle contractions can be triggered by a deficiency in the body of adenositriphosphoric acid.
- Febrile seizures appear against a background of fever caused by diseases of an infectious or inflammatory nature.
- Unpleasant leg cramps can occur due to a number of diseases: problems in the thyroid gland, hemorrhoids, thrombophlebitis, neurosis. These diseases are associated with hormonal imbalance, damage to blood vessels and nerve endings, which leads to muscle weakness and vulnerability. After treatment for these diseases, cramps usually no longer occur.
- Painful sensations can occur without reason even in healthy people. The attack can be long or short and cover one or a group of muscles.
Massage Against Cramps
Massage is one of the first and remarkably effective ways to help with leg cramps. Muscles can be massaged using various folk remedies, ointments, infusions, and medications that relieve pain and cramping.
During the massage, the blood flow increases, a sufficient amount of oxygen and beneficial elements is supplied. Lactic acid, which accumulates in the muscles, decomposes faster and is excreted from the body. Massage not only relieves cramps, but also prevents the occurrence of a new attack.
Honey or essential oils that have a warming effect can be rubbed into the legs; the use of clove, orange, cinnamon and thyme oils gives a very good result.
Treatment of leg cramps
Very often, a lack of potassium becomes the cause of the seizure. At home, this element can be replenished by adding fresh apricots, dried apricots, bananas, baked potatoes, avocados, dates to the diet.
Wipe the soles of the feet with lemon juice. Rub juice better before going to bed for two weeks. After the juice is completely absorbed, you can put on socks and go to bed.
- Wormwood seeds 1 tbsp. l
- Olive oil 200 gr.
Pour wormwood into a glass dish and pour. Insist the remedy for eight hours. Take two drops with sugar.
- Garlic from cramps in the legs.
- Ten cloves of garlic.
- Unrefined sunflower oil 200 gr.
Peel, chop and place the garlic in a glass dish. Pour and infuse the medicine in a cool place for a day. Drink a teaspoon with lemon juice three times a day. The course of taking a folk remedy is three months.
- Flowers of Adonis 1 tbsp. l
Pour boiling water in Adonis in a thermos and set aside to insist. After three hours, you can drink the infusion, a tablespoon three times a day, the course of admission is ten days.
Folk remedies for muscle massage
- Laurel leaf 50 gr.
- A glass of unrefined sunflower oil.
Place a bay leaf in a dark glass jar, pour and hold the product in a dark place for twelve days. Rub into muscle with a cramp.
- Infusion of yarrow and thyme.
- Yarrow 20 gr.
Thyme and yarrow put in a glass jar, add vodka. Leave to insist in a cool dark place, stirring the product regularly.
Use the infusion to rub the muscles of the legs during a cramp, then wrap it with a warm scarf. The medicine relieves pain and removes spasm.
- Ointment for cramps in legs with celandine
- Celandine juice 100 gr.
At home, you can cook a folk remedy that removes the symptoms of cramps in the legs. You need to collect celandine with roots, leaves and flowers. Rinse, grind and squeeze the juice. Mix juice and petroleum jelly, apply on feet every night for twenty days, with massage movements.
For the treatment of leg cramps, before going to bed it is very useful to make foot baths with herbs that have anticonvulsant properties. Such herbs include alfalfa, horsetail, valerian, elderberry, mint.
Pour boiling water over the grass and let it boil for five minutes. Pour the broth into the basin, dilute with a liter of clean water. Take baths while massaging the muscles of the legs.
- Birch leaves from muscle cramps
In a bowl, pour boiling water over 2 large handfuls of birch leaves. Wait until the water temperature becomes acceptable, lower your legs into the infusion.
Birch leaves have an anticonvulsant effect, so for treatment they can be used even at night by stuffing pajamas with fresh or dry leaves.
First aid for leg cramps
- What to do if a cramp has brought the calves of your legs - you need to grab the thumb or all fingers and pull them towards you. If you cannot reach, then help yourself with a long towel or a girdle belt. Если ничего под рукой не нашлось, просто встаньте на носки ступней всей массой своего тела с сильным прогибом ступни вверх. Такая манипуляция обычно сразу же помогает снять сильную судорогу. Затем начните разминать икроножные мышцы.
- Приложите к сведенному месту обычный магнит. Иногда хватает даже минуты, чтобы отпустило.
- At the tip of the knife, take a little salt, put on the tongue and hold without swallowing.
- Take off your shoes and stand barefoot on the floor or grass.
- Warm up the leg by massaging the muscles from the tips of the fingers, rising to the knee. You can rub pat and pinch your leg.
- Substitute the leg, which cramps under the shower and pour very warm water.
- Lie on the floor, place a roller under your knees for a while.
- Take a warm foot bath, gradually adding hot water.
These simple tips will help you get rid of frequent cramps in your legs:
- It is necessary to wear comfortable shoes, coming home from work to give your feet rest.
- Protect the limbs from the cold, especially if varicose veins are present.
- With excess body weight, it is necessary to get rid of it. Extra pounds give a big load on the legs.
- The diet should contain foods that contain potassium, magnesium, calcium, and vitamins. You need to eat hard cheese, beans, greens, oily sea fish, cottage cheese.
- Drink enough water, up to two liters per day. You can drink water with lemon juice and honey.
How to get rid of leg cramps
Every day, many people experience leg pain caused by cramping. Especially, this problem bothers people aged, sick, expectant mothers and athletes.
people face leg pain
What are leg cramps?
With seizures in the lower extremities, a sharp pain appears, which a person can hardly tolerate. Cramps appear suddenly, while the muscles become so tense and hard that they look like a soccer ball. Unexpected cramping can occur in any area of the leg. The most frequent and most painful cramps appear in the calf muscles.
It happens that a person is faced with such a phenomenon rarely. In this case, there is no reason for concern. Most likely, this is the fault of the uncomfortable position, as a result of which the nerve was clamped. In this case, it is best to sit comfortably and try to relax the muscles.
If leg convulsions often bother you, you need to visit a specialist and find out the cause of this pathology.
sharp pain appears
What could be the cause of leg cramps?
With any dehydration of the body, cramps can occur in the legs. The fact is that calcium and some trace elements that are necessary for the normal functioning of the muscles leave the body along with the liquid. This is why seizures most often occur on hot days when sweating is intensified.
Often leg cramps can indicate a lack of electrolytes in the body, as well as dehydration.
Deficiency of vitamins and many minerals, which are responsible for supplying nerve impulses to the muscle area, become a frequent cause of this pathology.
In this case, you need to reconsider your diet, give up cigarettes and coffee, and also reduce the number of drugs that interfere with the vitamins absorbed. Or, such medicines should be taken with calcium and magnesium.
leg cramps can indicate a lack of electrolytes
Convulsions can occur in lovers of protein foods, which significantly inhibits the absorption of calcium. When sitting on such a diet, be sure to pay attention to replenishing the body with enough calcium.
Often cramps occur when the body cools sharply while swimming in a pond or in severe frost.
During physical activity or sports, the muscles are heavily loaded, resulting in cramping in these places.
Seizures in neither
How to deal with cramps
A single manifestation of seizures should not cause a person anxiety. It is worth thinking about treatment only if involuntary muscle contraction is repeated quite often. With relapses of seizures, it is necessary to find out the cause of this problem. Only a doctor can help in solving this issue. He will conduct an examination, direct him to take the necessary tests and prescribe therapy in the event of the presence of any pathology.
General recommendations for combating seizures
If the appearance of seizures is not caused by the presence of a serious pathology in the body, but is associated with a deficiency of minerals, then to get rid of the disease it is enough to adhere to several rules:
- A person can cope with a deficiency of magnesium and potassium by taking special medications containing the necessary minerals and vitamins. Improved absorption of these substances by the body contributes to the content of vitamin D within normal limits. You can even increase its level by eating certain foods (for example, cottage cheese, egg yolk, cheese, fish liver). It is also necessary to exclude factors that cause leaching of minerals from the body.
- Taking certain medications can make it harder to absorb magnesium. Such drugs include antacids used during heartburn therapy. In the process of taking the drug components envelop the mucous membrane in the stomach, which in this way is already able to protect itself from the harmful effects of hydrochloric acid. As a side effect, delayed absorption of vitamins from food comes in. You can eliminate this undesirable factor with special medications that help remove magnesium from the cells of the body.
- During pregnancy, all women need to drink vitamin complexes to make up for the loss of magnesium and calcium. When seizures occur, it is necessary to inform the doctor about this, even despite the fact that such a phenomenon is quite common in expectant mothers.
- It is important for every person to ensure the normal functioning of the nervous system, since any stressful situation always contributes to a significant loss of calcium content. This situation can be corrected by including dairy products in the diet and calcium intake.
- Diets that are based on protein products should be abandoned. As you know, protein interferes with the absorption of calcium in the right amount.
- Eliminate the causes of excessive sweating. This problem is especially relevant in the summer. Together with sweat, the body loses magnesium, which can be difficult to replenish in a short period.
Getting rid of cramps in children
Most often in childhood, involuntary muscle contraction is observed at night. You can understand what worries the child if you pay attention to his behavior. Children mostly show the appearance of pain through crying or ask to rub their leg.
The main options in the fight against the appearance of seizures in a child are the following:
- Use warming ointments.
- Apply foot massage.
- Help the child become a foot on the toe, then you need to slightly pinch the area of the lower leg.
- Examine the child for flat feet.
- Enrich your diet with foods that are high in potassium, as well as calcium. You can increase their number in the body with the help of nuts, peanuts, buckwheat, wheat bran, bananas and apples, milk. Eating beans, fish, dairy products, and green vegetables as a child helps make up for the lack of calcium.
Folk recipes and methods for cramps
In the fight against the disease, methods well known in the people can be used.
The main methods are:
- Rub the feet with a lemon slice overnight. After the juice has dried, the legs should be wrapped in a plastic bag and put on top of the socks.
- Using an asterisk. You can buy this balm at any pharmacy. They are good at rubbing areas where pain is felt.
- On the calf muscle, you can put mustard moistened in warm water. Then fasten it with a bandage.
- Use vodka tincture made from 25 cloves of garlic. The fruits of this vegetable crop must be chopped and placed in a glass jar, fill with 500 ml of vodka. Tincture is prepared for 12 days. It is recommended to use it before bedtime after preliminary filtering the resulting mixture. Apply tincture on dry skin of the lower leg, combining with a massage of the muscles in the direction from the bottom up the leg. The procedure must be repeated for a month.
- Grind tense muscle with apple cider vinegar.
Prevention of seizures
The following preventative measures can help reduce the risk of seizures:
- Wear comfortable footwear
- exclude long loads on the legs,
- consume less sugar and coffee,
- to refuse from bad habits,
- eat properly and balanced,
- Massage the feet and legs
- do not be nervous.
Any violation in the functioning of the body, including the appearance of seizures, should not be ignored. Self-medication is often dangerous, so it is best to immediately seek the help of a specialist at the first sign of an ailment.